GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Open Landscape Reference Project (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/172062-open-landscape-reference-project.html)

msfxJeep 21-03-2008 09:30 PM

Open Landscape Reference Project

A few months back, I posted asking if anyone knew of a downloadable
plant or horticulture database to use as a reference for a project I
was completing. I got some great replies, so thanks for people who
helped. Unfortunately, none of the databases were useful. I finished
my project (www.LandscapeDesignExchange.com) without finding a
comprehensive downloadable database for plants significant to
landscape professionals. The few I did find were commercial, and I
couldn't get at the data.

So in the spirit of the internet, I'm in the process of working with a
few people I found along the way to create an open source plant
reference for people who work in landscape-related industries.
Information is posted on the site above if anyone is interested in
participating.

Thanks again for everyone who offered up information when I asked for
it.