GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lawn bordering concrete patio (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/17232-lawn-bordering-concrete-patio.html)

Mike 22-04-2003 04:32 PM

Lawn bordering concrete patio

We are getting ready to install our lawn which will be next to a large
curved patio. Any ideas on whether the soil should be even with,
above, or below the patio grade. If above or below how much? Thanks

Peter H 22-04-2003 07:44 PM

Lawn bordering concrete patio

"Mike" wrote in message
om...
We are getting ready to install our lawn which will be next to a large
curved patio. Any ideas on whether the soil should be even with,
above, or below the patio grade. If above or below how much? Thanks

Well you're not going to want to have your lawn graded higher than the patio
'cause rainwater and dirt would flood onto the patio. If you made them the
same height the lawn would eventually increase in height and create the same
problem, so the lawn has to be graded below the patio. How much below would
depend on your preference, but I would recommend at least 2"

Peter H

[email protected] 23-04-2003 01:56 AM

(Mike) wrote:
We are getting ready to install our lawn which will be next to a large
curved patio. Any ideas on whether the soil should be even with,
above, or below the patio grade. If above or below how much? Thanks

How tall is the retaining wall?

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/

Die Spammer !!!! 27-04-2003 12:44 PM

wrote:

(Mike) wrote:
We are getting ready to install our lawn which will be next to a large
curved patio. Any ideas on whether the soil should be even with,
above, or below the patio grade. If above or below how much? Thanks

How tall is the retaining wall?

now there is a loaded question

[email protected] 01-05-2003 02:44 AM

(Mike) wrote:
We are getting ready to install our lawn which will be next to a
large curved patio. Any ideas on whether the soil should be even
with, above, or below the patio grade. If above or below how much?
Thanks

How tall is the retaining wall?

now there is a loaded question

Most are,some don't stick around for the answer either. ;)

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/