Old 02-04-2008, 06:45 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Big box vs whatever

"Tom J" wrote in message
m...
True Temper makes several grades of wheelbarrows & if you buy 1 from a
big box store You will most likely get mixed up parts. What you got
was a cheap model with a higher price model's wheel that uses a larger
axle. I would insist on all the correct parts for the one you paid
for.

Tom J

This was in reply to my critique of theTrue Temper wheelbarrow I recently
bought and assembled.

I selected a "homeowners" model - rather than a "contractors" model which
sells for as much as $150 more. What I got was the parts intended for the
model / price I bought. The next time I was at the "big box" store I
checked and they had a couple dozen of this model and several other
assembled - all with the wobbly wheel. The products priced about $100 and
up had no wobble.

I just came from a local hardware store where I watched a guy assemble a
similar True Temper wheelbarrow. I was not impressed. And they charge 15%
more than the "big box" store for the same model.

True Temper customer assistance was of no help.

My solution was to cut a piece of tin (I happened to have a piece of .017
thick) and wrap it around the axle before I slid the axle back through the
wheel. There is no more wobble on my wheelbarrow. I did let TT customer
service know of this fix.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:26 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message
"Tom J" wrote in message
[...]

Galvanized sheet metal is also a good fire stop. Cut and rolled, then
riveted sheet metal into a size just a bit larger than my on end barrel
shaped smoker. Works like a champ during windy and calm days as well.
Keeps the smoker from getting too much air on windy days.
--
Dave

How about a tax to support any military conflict/police action over 3 months
old?

An actual war, we can do what's been done in the past.