Old 03-04-2008, 02:46 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
rb rb is offline

Default fixing flats on garden rolling stock

Would like a web site that tells me how to fix punctures and sidewall rips
on garden rolling stock. Yeah, slime for punctures. Can I also use plugs?
I need to know the ins and outs of what to do (how to use the tools).

Old 03-04-2008, 03:25 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"rb" wrote in message
. ..
Would like a web site that tells me how to fix punctures and sidewall rips
on garden rolling stock. Yeah, slime for punctures. Can I also use
plugs? I need to know the ins and outs of what to do (how to use the
tools).

I just put tubes in a tiller tire and a trailer tire today. The trailer was
originally street worthy but I only use it off road behind a tractor now.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:27 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"rb" wrote in message
. ..
Would like a web site that tells me how to fix punctures and sidewall rips
on garden rolling stock. Yeah, slime for punctures. Can I also use
plugs? I need to know the ins and outs of what to do (how to use the
tools).

Take the tire off and run it up to your local superwally tire department.
That's what I did last time my lawn tractor had a flat. $5.00 to fix a flat
is cheap, and life is too short to waste time messing with it!!

Old 03-04-2008, 11:50 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"rb" ...
Would like a web site that tells me how to fix punctures and sidewall rips
on garden rolling stock. Yeah, slime for punctures. Can I also use
plugs? I need to know the ins and outs of what to do (how to use the
tools).

3 of the 4 tires on my Garden Tractor have tubes in them. I tried plugging
one rear tire a few times, then went for the tube. No problems since.
Tomes

Old 07-04-2008, 03:56 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"J.A. Michel" wrote in message

"rb" wrote in message
. ..
Would like a web site that tells me how to fix punctures and sidewall rips on
garden rolling stock. Yeah, slime for punctures. Can I also use plugs? I
need to know the ins and outs of what to do (how to use the tools).

Take the tire off and run it up to your local superwally tire department.
That's what I did last time my lawn tractor had a flat. $5.00 to fix a flat
is cheap, and life is too short to waste time messing with it!!

Yep. $5 to fix it, $8 to drive there and back + the time to do so. It's way
faster to fix it at home, and costs next to nothing. Life is too short to waste
it driving and waiting for someone to be found to do the work.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:38 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Bob F" m...
"J.A. Michel" ...
"rb" ...
Would like a web site that tells me how to fix punctures and sidewall
rips on garden rolling stock. Yeah, slime for punctures. Can I also
use plugs? I need to know the ins and outs of what to do (how to use the
tools).

Take the tire off and run it up to your local superwally tire department.
That's what I did last time my lawn tractor had a flat. $5.00 to fix a
flat is cheap, and life is too short to waste time messing with it!!

Yep. $5 to fix it, $8 to drive there and back + the time to do so. It's
way faster to fix it at home, and costs next to nothing. Life is too short
to waste it driving and waiting for someone to be found to do the work.

Or one could just drop it off while driving past the place going somewhere
else anyway and then pick it up again when going past again the next day.
No travel costs at all that way.
Tomes - who has his tractor shop on his way to work

Indoor 'gardening' Q: how2spread soil in flats, well, flat? how to spread damp seed well? S.Rodgers Edible Gardening 1 10-06-2012 05:07 PM
Indoor 'gardening' Q: how2spread soil in flats, well, flat? how to spread damp seed well? S.Rodgers Edible Gardening 2 09-03-2012 12:37 PM
Im getting rolling eyes about my garden. None4U Edible Gardening 19 10-06-2010 02:16 AM
rolling koi david williams Ponds 16 03-11-2004 04:09 PM
Protecting wooden flats. Phisherman Gardening 2 13-12-2003 04:02 PM