GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Horsetail...help needed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/173987-horsetail-help-needed.html)

Clueless!! 06-05-2008 10:28 PM

Horsetail...help needed

Hi all - I have read lots of posts on this site about horsetail and marestail and the difficulties with getting rid of it. My neighbour has a very unkempt garden full of the stuff and this year my garden is becoming overrun with it. They're sprouting through the decking, the lawn, the borders and in my pond. I'm going to try and get rid as best I can using the bruising and glyphosate (although it sounds like a losing battle!!). What I want to know is will this process be harmful to the tadpoles/frogs in the pond and to my cats ?? I can't imagine digging them out (the horsetail), my lawn would be an even bigger mess!!

Thanks