GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   I am the Worst Tractor Driver (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/174208-i-am-worst-tractor-driver.html)

Mac 11-05-2008 02:50 PM

I am the Worst Tractor Driver

I have an Ariens Zero Turn Tractor Mower, I had it for a year now. Every
time when I take sharp turn, I peal-off the grass with my rear tires.....My
lawn has now many bald spots which I have made in my turns .

What am I doing wrong?

mac

Eggs Zachtly 11-05-2008 05:02 PM

Mac said:

I have an Ariens Zero Turn Tractor Mower, I had it for a year now. Every
time when I take sharp turn, I peal-off the grass with my rear tires.....My
lawn has now many bald spots which I have made in my turns .

What am I doing wrong?

Probably going too fast. =)

--
Eggs

-Middle age is when broadness of the mind and narrowness of the waist
change places.

[email protected] 12-05-2008 12:33 AM

I am the Worst Tractor Driver

on my zt i have to pull back on one side,push forward on other side so
both tires turn when turning mower around.

Mel M Kelly 12-05-2008 08:38 PM

I am the Worst Tractor Driver

Well if you want to turn left you are pushing the right control bar
forward to fast and not pulling the left one back a little. So you are
turning with the power on one wheel and you should use both. One forward
easy and the other one back easy.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley