Old 13-05-2008, 10:57 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Poulan Pro Model 135 (Gas Edger)

I inherited this edger and cannot get it to start, even with a new
plug. I can't find any (I mean ANY) information on this model on the
web - unless I am blind. Anyone have one? Anyone know a parts
source? Should I pitch it? Maybe it has a different model number it
goes by?

Thanks

-GECKO
Old 14-05-2008, 12:00 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Art Art is offline

gecko wrote:
I inherited this edger and cannot get it to start, even with a new
plug. I can't find any (I mean ANY) information on this model on the
web - unless I am blind. Anyone have one? Anyone know a parts
source? Should I pitch it? Maybe it has a different model number it
goes by?

Thanks

-GECKO

Parts manual
http://72.3.225.179/manuals/163706.pdf
Owners manual
http://72.3.225.179/manuals/163731e.pdf
Any reputable power equipment shop should be able to get parts for you.
Or you can order parts here
http://www.ordertree.com/poulan

--
Art
Old 14-05-2008, 01:03 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Tue, 13 May 2008 18:00:03 -0400, Art
wrote:

Parts manual
http://72.3.225.179/manuals/163706.pdf
Owners manual
http://72.3.225.179/manuals/163731e.pdf
Any reputable power equipment shop should be able to get parts for you.
Or you can order parts here
http://www.ordertree.com/poulan

Thanks

I will look at the pdf's

-GECKO
Old 14-05-2008, 01:10 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

wrote:

Parts manual
http://72.3.225.179/manuals/163706.pdf

I wonder why I can't print this pdf? Do you know?

Thanks

-GECKO
Old 14-05-2008, 01:14 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

wrote:

Parts manual
http://72.3.225.179/manuals/163706.pdf

Never mind.

I couldn't print pages directly, but when I saved the pdf, then I
could.

Thanks

-GECKO

Old 14-05-2008, 03:03 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

wrote:

Parts manual
http://72.3.225.179/manuals/163706.pdf
Owners manual
http://72.3.225.179/manuals/163731e.pdf
Any reputable power equipment shop should be able to get parts for you.
Or you can order parts here
http://www.ordertree.com/poulan

As near as I can tell, these pdf's apply to a trimmer. not an edger -
such as I have. I saw that when I was looking for the edger.
I saw the trimmer. My edger, for example, does not have a 'primer
bulb'. Thanks anyway.

-GECKO
Old 14-05-2008, 03:28 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Art Art is offline

wrote:

Parts manual
http://72.3.225.179/manuals/163706.pdf
Owners manual
http://72.3.225.179/manuals/163731e.pdf
Any reputable power equipment shop should be able to get parts for you.
Or you can order parts here
http://www.ordertree.com/poulan

As near as I can tell, these pdf's apply to a trimmer. not an edger -
such as I have. I saw that when I was looking for the edger.
I saw the trimmer. My edger, for example, does not have a 'primer
bulb'. Thanks anyway.

-GECKO

Here is the edger version
http://www.ordertree.com/ARI.aspx?Mf...20Edger&AFID=7

--
Art

Old 14-05-2008, 11:36 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Tue, 13 May 2008 21:29:02 -0400, Art
wrote:

Here is the edger version
http://www.ordertree.com/ARI.aspx?Mf...20Edger&AFID=7

Again - thanks

-GECKO
Old 14-05-2008, 01:09 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

wrote:

Here is the edger version
http://www.ordertree.com/ARI.aspx?Mf...20Edger&AFID=7

Do you see a primer in the parts diagram? I sure don't.
Also that web page does not seem complete - no second page itemizing
the parts.

-GECKO

Old 15-05-2008, 01:18 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Art Art is offline

wrote:

Here is the edger version
http://www.ordertree.com/ARI.aspx?Mf...20Edger&AFID=7

Do you see a primer in the parts diagram? I sure don't.
Also that web page does not seem complete - no second page itemizing
the parts.

-GECKO

Works for me. If you click on the + next to 'Illustrated Parts Lists" it
should expand and show 2 entries below it. Click on "Carburetors...".
That should bring up a new window with the carb breakdowns. One version
with a primer and one without. The part numbers are at the bottom. Click
on a part reference number and it should highlight in the parts listing.

It's not that complicated.

--
Art
Old 15-05-2008, 11:23 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Wed, 14 May 2008 19:18:13 -0400, Art
wrote:

Works for me. If you click on the + next to 'Illustrated Parts Lists" it
should expand and show 2 entries below it. Click on "Carburetors...".
That should bring up a new window with the carb breakdowns. One version
with a primer and one without. The part numbers are at the bottom. Click
on a part reference number and it should highlight in the parts listing.

It's not that complicated.

Excuse my stupidity please.

When I click on 'Carburetors'. I get only one page - with a schematic
at top and a parts ordering list of 16 parts below. If I click on a
part, I get a window to add purchase of that part to my cart. I see
only one schematic. I see no primer.

I agree - it's not complicated.

Thanks

-GECKO
Old 15-05-2008, 11:17 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Art Art is offline

wrote:

Works for me. If you click on the + next to 'Illustrated Parts Lists" it
should expand and show 2 entries below it. Click on "Carburetors...".
That should bring up a new window with the carb breakdowns. One version
with a primer and one without. The part numbers are at the bottom. Click
on a part reference number and it should highlight in the parts listing.

It's not that complicated.

Excuse my stupidity please.

When I click on 'Carburetors'. I get only one page - with a schematic
at top and a parts ordering list of 16 parts below. If I click on a
part, I get a window to add purchase of that part to my cart. I see
only one schematic. I see no primer.

I agree - it's not complicated.

Thanks

-GECKO

In an earlier post you said your edger didn't have a primer so I'm not
sure why you are looking for one. The picture shows one but then does
not list a part number, probably because your model doesn't use one.
It's just a generic picture that is used in lots of parts lists.

Parts for the carb itself should be available locally from any decent
power equipment shop. Just tell them you need parts for a Walbro carb
and give them the number off the carb body. Should either be WT-242 or
WT-308 (according to the Poulan parts list.) Don't mention that it is
for a Poulan and they should be glad to help you.

Or if you will tell me exactly what parts you need, I'll see what I can
do as far as getting you the correct part numbers.

--
Art

Old 16-05-2008, 01:08 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Thu, 15 May 2008 17:17:46 -0400, Art
wrote:

In an earlier post you said your edger didn't have a primer so I'm not
sure why you are looking for one. The picture shows one but then does
not list a part number, probably because your model doesn't use one.
It's just a generic picture that is used in lots of parts lists.

I'm sorry that I confused things. No I do not have a primer bulb as
so many other of my lawn equipments do. I wish it did. As it is, I
have no way to prime it. All I can do is set the choke closed
half-open or open and hold a throttle lever down. I can't do much to
make it run. I think a carburetor overhaul might help things.
I'm going to play with the air screw some tomorrow.

Parts for the carb itself should be available locally from any decent
power equipment shop. Just tell them you need parts for a Walbro carb
and give them the number off the carb body. Should either be WT-242 or
WT-308 (according to the Poulan parts list.) Don't mention that it is
for a Poulan and they should be glad to help you.

Or if you will tell me exactly what parts you need, I'll see what I can
do as far as getting you the correct part numbers.

Maybe I will take you up on that.

Thanks again.

-GECKO
Old 17-05-2008, 05:12 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

wrote:

In an earlier post you said your edger didn't have a primer so I'm not
sure why you are looking for one. The picture shows one but then does
not list a part number, probably because your model doesn't use one.
It's just a generic picture that is used in lots of parts lists.

Parts for the carb itself should be available locally from any decent
power equipment shop. Just tell them you need parts for a Walbro carb
and give them the number off the carb body. Should either be WT-242 or
WT-308 (according to the Poulan parts list.) Don't mention that it is
for a Poulan and they should be glad to help you.

Or if you will tell me exactly what parts you need, I'll see what I can
do as far as getting you the correct part numbers.

Further investigation resulted in a discovery that the tiny fuel line
that snakes from the tank to the carburetor is dry-rotted, and it
disintegrated into my hands as I touched it. Hence I need to replace
that before going any further. Only thing is, I can't really tell yet
how that lines gets to the carburetor. It seems to snake along the
side of the housing next to the tank and then it disappears into the
housing innards. It appears I will have to disassemble the entire
housing in order to find where the end of the line connects. That
would seem to be a major job, I say with despair. Then of course I
have to find replacement line (or I guess tubing),

Hoping you might cheer me up with a helpful suggestion or two about
how to deal with re-fitting this fuel line, I will delay attacking the
housing until I find a piece of tubing, which I will now go seek. Are
you there?

Thanks for your helps

-GECKO