GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ace Hardware ad (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/174961-ace-hardware-ad.html)

Srgnt Billko 24-05-2008 02:07 AM

Ace Hardware ad

Your "20 gal. rope handle tubs" in current circular. The circular lists
them as 20 gallons - on the tubs it says 19 gallons - my receipt shows 18
gals - and I measured it as 16 gallons. What say you ?

I sent the above to Ace.

Dioclese 26-05-2008 01:59 AM

Ace Hardware ad

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message
Your "20 gal. rope handle tubs" in current circular. The circular lists
them as 20 gallons - on the tubs it says 19 gallons - my receipt shows 18
gals - and I measured it as 16 gallons. What say you ?

I sent the above to Ace.

Viewing the circular online lists tub as 19 gallons after clicking the
single item (tub). Its on page 4 of the online circular. Appearance is
rather flimsy plastic that won't stand more than a months worth of sun UV
before cracking away.
--
Dave

Memorial day:
In honor for those who served and
died for your freedom of speech, exercise
that right where you fear repercussion
the most for your voiced opinion.

Srgnt Billko 26-05-2008 05:20 AM

Ace Hardware ad

m...
Your "20 gal. rope handle tubs" in current circular. The circular lists
them as 20 gallons - on the tubs it says 19 gallons - my receipt shows 18
gals - and I measured it as 16 gallons. What say you ?

I sent the above to Ace.

Viewing the circular online lists tub as 19 gallons after clicking the
single item (tub). Its on page 4 of the online circular. Appearance is
rather flimsy plastic that won't stand more than a months worth of sun UV
before cracking away.
--
Dave

Interesting - the online version says 19 in my area also - but I have it in
print at 20. And there is still the problem of the receipt showing 18 and
the actuality of 16. We'll have to see what Ace has to say. You are right
about this type plastic not holding up but we do get 2 years or more out of
them. We have about 10 set up in various garden areas because much of the
time we prefer to water with watering cans which we can fill quickly from
the tubs. We do have 1 that has lasted over 10 years but God only knows
what another like that would cost now.

Dioclese 27-05-2008 12:16 PM

Ace Hardware ad

[...]

Find a UV designed plastic for outdoor purposes. Yes, it costs much more.
Last much longer though.

You're unlikely to get an official response from your local Ace Hardware on
your question since its owned by a corporation.
--
Dave

Srgnt Billko 27-05-2008 10:38 PM

Ace Hardware ad

[...]

I sent it to Ace.com
But one of our local Ace hardware stores is owned by a good family and I'm
sure they will listen to my complaint.