GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Inherited Mower - Help (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/174994-inherited-mower-help.html)

Yorkshire Bob 25-05-2008 12:07 AM

Inherited Mower - Help

Hi there, I have inherited a very well maintained Ransome Marquis Mark 4A petrol mower.

I can't seem to find anything about this model online and I really need to know what petrol I can use in it - I know if it is a four stroke engine, I'll be fine with normal unleaded but I can't tell if it's a 2 or four stroke engine.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Willshak 25-05-2008 01:33 AM

Inherited Mower - Help

on 5/24/2008 7:07 PM Yorkshire Bob said the following:
Hi there, I have inherited a very well maintained Ransome Marquis Mark
4A petrol mower.

I can't seem to find anything about this model online and I really need
to know what petrol I can use in it - I know if it is a four stroke
engine, I'll be fine with normal unleaded but I can't tell if it's a 2
or four stroke engine.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Does it have an oil fill tube with a dipstick? If yes, it is a 4 stroke
engine.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

SteveB[_6_] 25-05-2008 06:24 AM

Inherited Mower - Help

"Yorkshire Bob" wrote in message

Hi there, I have inherited a very well maintained Ransome Marquis Mark
4A petrol mower.

I can't seem to find anything about this model online and I really need
to know what petrol I can use in it - I know if it is a four stroke
engine, I'll be fine with normal unleaded but I can't tell if it's a 2
or four stroke engine.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.-
Yorkshire Bob

Four strokes have an oil filled crank case. Is there a filler plug to put
oil in it? If not, it could be a two stroke. Notice I said "could". Make
sure you're sure before you fire it up, or you could fry it.

Steve

Yorkshire Bob 26-05-2008 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yorkshire Bob (Post 794157)
Hi there, I have inherited a very well maintained Ransome Marquis Mark 4A petrol mower.

I can't seem to find anything about this model online and I really need to know what petrol I can use in it - I know if it is a four stroke engine, I'll be fine with normal unleaded but I can't tell if it's a 2 or four stroke engine.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Steve & Bill,

Thanks for your advice, I am now convinced it's a four stroke.

Just a shame the weather is so dire at the moment.

Thanks again,

Rob