Old 11-06-2008, 03:02 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Round Up clones any good?

On Jun 11, 6:37*am, dgk wrote:

Considering how the prices of so many staples are going up, I don't
see how inflation can be low. I guess it's because people can't afford
to buy so demand is dropping.

It's all government spin. They use "core" items to measure inflation
- items that rarely change in value and are not subject to value
spikes. The 'government' does not buy gasoline, food, medicine, etc
like the public does, so they do not use those values in their
inflation factors. The big problem with their funky inflation figures
is that it sets cost-of-living rates for the general population at a
level that is unrealistic in the real economy.

Red
Old 11-06-2008, 03:05 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Bob F" wrote:

wrote in message
.. .

It does make me wonder if this fuel cost thing is being
used as a scapegoat for many products so they can
"gouge" us consumers!

It is a good thing the inflation rate is so low, or I'd be worried.

Ha!!

That made me laugh! Thanks!
Old 11-06-2008, 05:27 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Jun 11, 10:02*am, Red wrote:
On Jun 11, 6:37*am, dgk wrote:

Considering how the prices of so many staples are going up, I don't
see how inflation can be low. I guess it's because people can't afford
to buy so demand is dropping.

It's all government spin. *They use "core" items to measure inflation
- items that rarely change in value and are not subject to value
spikes. *The 'government' does not buy gasoline, food, medicine, etc
like the public does, so they do not use those values in their
inflation factors.

Wrong. The CPI has nothing to do with what the govt buys or doesn't
buy. It's a statistical sampling of what CONSUMERS buy and it most
definitely includes gasoline, food, and medicine. The core
inflation rate is the overall number minus volatile components, like
food and energy and is reported at the same time. Many economists
give more credence to the core as an indication of widespread
inflation in the general economy. Both numbers are widely reported
when released.

Old 12-06-2008, 02:14 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
dgk dgk is offline

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 04:56:53 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Jun 11, 7:37*am, dgk wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 14:41:58 -0700, "Bob F"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .

It does make me wonder if this fuel cost thing is being
used as a scapegoat for many products so they can
"gouge" us consumers!

It is a good thing the inflation rate is so low, or I'd be worried.

Considering how the prices of so many staples are going up, I don't
see how inflation can be low. I guess it's because people can't afford
to buy so demand is dropping. We're in big trouble thanks to the
borrow and spend Republicans.

Oh yeah, it's all the Republicans. Last time I checked, Democrats
control both the Senate and House. And they are solidly in control
of the House, where all spending bills must originate. Yet the pork
continues to flow.

The prices of staples that have shot up the most are oil and food.
And the food part is directly related to laws passed to drive more
corn into ethanol. That has driven up the price of not only grains,
but also meats as well. And last time I checked the Democrats want
more use of alternative fuels, including ethanol, so don't lay this
off on Republicans.

If it were up to Republicans, we would be drilling in ANWR and in most
of the offshore USA today and building new nuclear power plants.
Instead, we go around refusing to utilize our own resources, while
bitching. It was Clinton who vetoed the bill authorizing drilling in
ANWR in the mid 90's. If we had opened ANWR, we'd have at least 1
mil barrels a day flowing from there now. And it's entirely
possible that there's an elephant size field as big as Saudia Arabia's
in ANWR. No one knows, because Democrats and environmental extremists
won't allow even test wells to be drilled to find out.

As for offshore, we now have China drilling in Cuba waters closer to
Florida, to gain access to oil that we could be drilling for.
Where's the Democrat lead initiative to change any of this? Their
energy solution: Tax the oil companies more.

I don't think I'll bother.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:41 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Jun 11, 11:27*am, wrote:

Wrong. * The CPI has nothing to do with what the govt buys or doesn't
buy. * It's a statistical sampling of what CONSUMERS buy and it most
definitely includes gasoline, food, and medicine. * *The core
inflation rate is the overall number minus volatile components.....

Well, to this 'ol country boy if they add it in and then subtract it
back out the net value is "0". Sure sounds like a typical government
formula to me.

Red

Old 13-06-2008, 01:22 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

wrote:

wrote in message

[...]

Yep, cut the tax breaks and increase the taxes.
Guess who'll make up for the lost tax breaks and increased taxes?
Look in the mirror.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Old 24-06-2008, 01:47 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

wrote in message
On Jun 11, 7:37 am, dgk wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 14:41:58 -0700, "Bob F"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .

It does make me wonder if this fuel cost thing is being
used as a scapegoat for many products so they can
"gouge" us consumers!

It is a good thing the inflation rate is so low, or I'd be worried.

Considering how the prices of so many staples are going up, I don't
see how inflation can be low. I guess it's because people can't afford
to buy so demand is dropping. We're in big trouble thanks to the
borrow and spend Republicans.

Oh yeah, it's all the Republicans. Last time I checked, Democrats
control both the Senate and House. And they are solidly in control
of the House, where all spending bills must originate. Yet the pork
continues to flow.

Democrats are not quite in control. Republicans are fillibustering just about
everything that comes through the senate, with the announced intention of trying
to make this look loke a do-nothing congress. They have already more than
doubled the record for the number of fillibuster in a congressional session. You
can't blame this on the democrats.

Old 24-06-2008, 03:56 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Bob F wrote:

Democrats are not quite in control. Republicans are fillibustering just
about everything that comes through the senate, with the announced
intention of trying to make this look loke a do-nothing congress. They
have already more than doubled the record for the number of fillibuster
in a congressional session. You can't blame this on the democrats.

A do-nothing government is the best kind.

Here in Texas, our forefathers were smart enough to make sure our elected
parasites^Wrepresentatives are only allowed to meet for a few weeks every
other year. The less time they're together, the less they can screw us^Wup.

;-)

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement
Old 24-06-2008, 01:16 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Jun 23, 10:56*pm, "SteveB"
wrote:
Bob F wrote:
Democrats are not quite in control. Republicans are fillibustering just
about everything that comes through the senate, with the announced
intention of trying to make this look loke a do-nothing congress. They
have already more than doubled the record for the number of fillibuster
in a congressional session. You can't blame this on the democrats.

A do-nothing government is the best kind.

Here in Texas, our forefathers were smart enough to make sure our elected
parasites^Wrepresentatives are only allowed to meet for a few weeks every
other year. The less time they're together, the less they can screw us^Wup.

;-)

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement
Arlington, TX

Yes, and last time I checked, the specific issue was SPENDING.
Spending bills originate in the House. So, the more bills that are
blocked either their or in the Senate, in general, the less they will
be able to spend. Sure, there could be a bill that cuts spending
that is being blocked, but when's the last time you saw that, as
opposed to bills that authorize more spending?

Old 31-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Registered User

I forgot the name of the active ingredient roundup, but it many products, prices and concentration just to buy components. On the other hand, long-term "to kill weeds throughout the season" version of the synthesis report and other brands have different ingredients.
Pond Supplies