Old 08-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Registered User

Default overdosed moss killer?

Hi, I wonder if you can help me

I applied Lawn Feed & Moss Killer granules in hand spreader box to my 70 m2 lawn.
Did my best not to over apply the granules and watered after 2 days.
That was 3-4 weeks ago. Now the grass almost stopped growing and there are yellowish stripes which follows the granules spreading pattern.
Looks like I have overdosed it.
What to do now? Is there anything I can apply to remedy that?
Any advice will be apprieciated
rafal
Old 10-06-2008, 12:48 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

rafal blurted out in alt.home.lawn.garden:

Hi, I wonder if you can help me

I applied Lawn Feed & Moss Killer granules in hand spreader box to my
70 m2 lawn.
Did my best not to over apply the granules and watered after 2 days.
That was 3-4 weeks ago. Now the grass almost stopped growing and there
are yellowish stripes which follows the granules spreading pattern.
Looks like I have overdosed it.
What to do now? Is there anything I can apply to remedy that?
Any advice will be apprieciated
rafal

I would keep watering it.
Sounds like the nitrogen is burning it up.
What temps are it there?

Old 10-06-2008, 03:34 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

on 6/8/2008 6:41 AM rafal said the following:
Hi, I wonder if you can help me

I applied Lawn Feed & Moss Killer granules in hand spreader box to my
70 m2 lawn.
Did my best not to over apply the granules and watered after 2 days.
That was 3-4 weeks ago. Now the grass almost stopped growing and there
are yellowish stripes which follows the granules spreading pattern.
Looks like I have overdosed it.
What to do now? Is there anything I can apply to remedy that?
Any advice will be apprieciated
rafal

I've never used a moss killer. My way of removing moss is to rake it up,
or if it is widespread, by dragging a de-thatcher across it. Best done
in early spring, or after a rain (or watering), when the ground is wet.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Old 10-06-2008, 10:36 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"rafal" wrote in message

Hi, I wonder if you can help me

I applied Lawn Feed & Moss Killer granules in hand spreader box to my
70 m2 lawn.
Did my best not to over apply the granules and watered after 2 days.
That was 3-4 weeks ago. Now the grass almost stopped growing and there
are yellowish stripes which follows the granules spreading pattern.
Looks like I have overdosed it.
What to do now? Is there anything I can apply to remedy that?
Any advice will be apprieciated
rafal

I'd water it well, and perhaps call the manufacturer and ask them.

Old 13-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Registered User

thanks for all advice

Old 19-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Registered User

[]If the rain doesnt come after applying granules to the lawn the pellets rest on th eleaf base. The sun comes out and scortches the leaf turning it yellow. either water after application or use a liquid lawn feed. see www.superspray.co.u for liquid and sprayer. It may be the cause. Not sure you can overdose with these pellet feeds unless you go over and over the grass. I would give it a liquid feed only every two weeks from now. You can try seaweed extract which willstrengthen the root cell strucure rather than just green it up.