Old 08-06-2008, 11:26 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default 10% Alcohol for my Cub Mower

Hello
I purchased a Cub Cadet Mower here in Northern Ohio in 2003 , was told by
dealer that I shouldn't use gas with ALCOHOL , been having a little erratic
run problem lately , looks like most of the Stations east of Cleveland are
selling Gas with 10% Alcohol , also have a generator and would like to see
it running after the next storm , any thoughts would be appreciated .
Thanks
Phil L.

Old 09-06-2008, 10:25 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Art Art is offline

Phil wrote:
Hello
I purchased a Cub Cadet Mower here in Northern Ohio in 2003 , was told by
dealer that I shouldn't use gas with ALCOHOL , been having a little erratic
run problem lately , looks like most of the Stations east of Cleveland are
selling Gas with 10% Alcohol , also have a generator and would like to see
it running after the next storm , any thoughts would be appreciated .
Thanks
Phil L.

I wouldn't worry about it. Ethanol is required in many (most?) parts of
the U.S. It is not really good for engines but it's not all that bad for
them either. If you have a choice use pure gas but you probably don't
have a choice.

--
Art
Old 10-06-2008, 04:07 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Art" wrote in message
Phil wrote:
Hello
I purchased a Cub Cadet Mower here in Northern Ohio in 2003 , was told
by dealer that I shouldn't use gas with ALCOHOL , been having a little
erratic run problem lately , looks like most of the Stations east of
Cleveland are selling Gas with 10% Alcohol , also have a generator and
would like to see it running after the next storm , any thoughts would be
appreciated .
Thanks
Phil L.

I wouldn't worry about it. Ethanol is required in many (most?) parts of
the U.S. It is not really good for engines but it's not all that bad for
them either. If you have a choice use pure gas but you probably don't have
a choice.

--
Art

Agreed. But, with ethanol, it's more critical that it not be left in over
the winter, or for long periods. The alcohol draws moisture and the gas is
more apt to go bad.

Dave