GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Royal Empress Tree (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/175707-royal-empress-tree.html)

[email protected] 09-06-2008 04:34 PM

Royal Empress Tree

Does anyone have one of these? I need a fast growing tree for shade
and I understand this one to grow fast. I did some looking on google
and came across a forum and most of the people hate them. Any advice
on a good shade tree that grows fast would be appreciated! Thanks!

JimR 10-06-2008 11:48 PM

Royal Empress Tree

wrote in message
Does anyone have one of these? I need a fast growing tree for shade
and I understand this one to grow fast. I did some looking on google
and came across a forum and most of the people hate them. Any advice
on a good shade tree that grows fast would be appreciated! Thanks!

Paulownia has a terrible reputation, and any fast-growing tree is very
likely to be weak and subject to problems with wind and storms. The right
tree for your location depends upon the climate where you're located, and
your original posting doesn't give a clue . . .

[email protected] 11-06-2008 12:54 AM

Royal Empress Tree

On Jun 10, 7:11 pm, wrote:
On Jun 10, 6:48 pm, "JimR" wrote:

wrote in message

Does anyone have one of these? I need a fast growing tree for shade
and I understand this one to grow fast. I did some looking on google
and came across a forum and most of the people hate them. Any advice
on a good shade tree that grows fast would be appreciated! Thanks!

Paulownia has a terrible reputation, and any fast-growing tree is very
likely to be weak and subject to problems with wind and storms. The right
tree for your location depends upon the climate where you're located, and
your original posting doesn't give a clue . . .

North central ohio

i looked on fastdrowingtrees.com and was thinking about poplar and
hybrid poplar

Some Buddy Else[_2_] 12-06-2008 07:16 AM

Royal Empress Tree

wrote in message

Does anyone have one of these? I need a fast growing tree for shade
and I understand this one to grow fast. I did some looking on google
and came across a forum and most of the people hate them. Any advice
on a good shade tree that grows fast would be appreciated! Thanks!

Try a tulip (yellow poplar) tree; they do very well here in southern part of
Richland County Ohio. They have a nice arrow shape that adapts well to the
yard by growing upward instead of sprawling out. We planted a whip about 4
feet tall back in 1997 that we dug out of our woods with no more than a
shovel full of dirt. It is now pushing 25 ft and the trunk is at least 6-8
inches in dia. at 4 ft and it is flowering for the first time this year.
They do have a rather large leaf and are currently in bloom. Much hardier
than all the wild cherry that snapped off in the Christmas ice storm a few
year back.

Fran-just someone else....