GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   what is layered soil? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/175920-what-layered-soil.html)

nightrider.36 14-06-2008 08:19 PM

what is layered soil?

I got a lawn assessment from TruGreen and their report indicated that
I have layered soil--what is it? They did the free inspection while I
was at work. They also identified two invasive weeds. Not bad.

Red[_2_] 15-06-2008 02:12 AM

what is layered soil?

On Jun 14, 1:19*pm, "nightrider.36" wrote:
I got a lawn assessment from TruGreen and their report indicated that
I have layered soil--what is it? *They did the free inspection while I
was at work. They also identified two invasive weeds. *Not bad.

All soil is layered. Look at pictures of the Grand Canyon.

Red

Dioclese 15-06-2008 06:24 AM

what is layered soil?

"nightrider.36" wrote in message
I got a lawn assessment from TruGreen and their report indicated that
I have layered soil--what is it? They did the free inspection while I
was at work. They also identified two invasive weeds. Not bad.

I would be more interested in the 2 soil types. "Layered" is
self-explanatory for most. And, I would be interested in the soil depth of
both layers. And, if the depth of those layers are generally the same
throughout the area of the lawn.

The "invasive" terminology is what raises a flag for me. Invasive if the
lawn is not mowed regulary, or invasive irregardless of cutting the lawn
regularly.
--
Dave

Duff2 15-06-2008 04:27 PM

what is layered soil?

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 11:19:52 -0700 (PDT), "nightrider.36"
wrote:

I got a lawn assessment from TruGreen and their report indicated that
I have layered soil--what is it? They did the free inspection while I
was at work. They also identified two invasive weeds. Not bad.

Don't be a fool.
Their only interest is how many layers of cash they can get from your
wallet into theirs.

nightrider.36 15-06-2008 07:57 PM

what is layered soil?

wrote:
I got a lawn assessment from TruGreen and their report indicated that
I have layered soil--what is it? *They did the free inspection while I
was at work. They also identified two invasive weeds. *Not bad.

*Don't be a fool. *
Their only interest is how many layers of cash they can get from your
wallet into theirs.

yea, thanks. They want $40 to throw fertilizer on my lawn once a
month--the call it an application. What I really wanted was that lawn
inspection because I wasn't sure if I had fungus or the lawn was just
underwatered. I can't tell the difference. That and they also
identified some weeds, spurge and oxalis (that weird little three leaf
clover-looking weed). It was good to read about them.

I'm not signing up for their service but I took advantage of the free
lawn inspection. At least now I can stop throwing fungicide and
concentrate on watering, weed removal and mowing.

mor 15-06-2008 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightrider.36 (Post 798480)

wrote:
[...]

that is alot of money. which you can do it your self since you know what your lawn needs.

Willshak 16-06-2008 02:25 PM

what is layered soil?

wrote:

[...]

40$ to put fertilizer on your lawn? I would take that deal, but I have
an acre to fertilize. How big is your lawn?
A bag of weed and feed fertilizer costs around $25-$30 for enough to
cover 15,000 sq ft of lawn.
Figure your property acreage, minus the footprints of the house,
driveway, and other non-grass areas, and see which is cheaper.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

nightrider.36 17-06-2008 01:02 AM

what is layered soil?

wrote:

[...]

To email, remove the double zeroes after @- Hide quoted text -

$40 to fertilize a 1,500 sq/ft lawn is too much. that's what I have.