Old 25-06-2008, 12:25 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Can someone identify this grass please

Hi,

I've found some patches of grass that grow really fast and I wonder if
someone could identify it for me please.

How to get rid of it would be nice to know too.

Pictures are he

http://www.baldman.eclipse.co.uk/Oddgrass/page.html

Thanks in advance,
Steven

Old 25-06-2008, 04:21 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

In article , Steven Wayne says...

Hi,

I've found some patches of grass that grow really fast and I wonder if
someone could identify it for me please.

How to get rid of it would be nice to know too.

Pictures are he

http://www.baldman.eclipse.co.uk/Oddgrass/page.html

Thanks in advance,
Steven

Does it look like this when left to just grow?

http://imgplace.com/image/view/41256...fe6bb4a4c05a64

If so, then it's dallisgrass which I'm trying to get rid of. No solution for
this as I'm still struggling with it.

twitch

Old 25-06-2008, 01:49 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Jun 24, 10:21*pm, Twitchell wrote:
In article , Steven Wayne says...

Hi,

I've found some patches of grass that grow really fast and I wonder if
someone could identify it for me please.

How to get rid of it would be nice to know too.

It looks like a rough undesirable grass, possibly poa trivialis, rough
stalk bluegrass. The bad news is, with the grass type weed problem,
the usual broadleaf weedkillers are ineffective, because it's a grass,
not a weed. And often there is no available effective herbicide at
all. You may have to use Roundup on it and then re-seed.

Old 25-06-2008, 09:55 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On 24 Jun 2008 19:21:13 -0700, Twitchell
wrote:
In article , Steven Wayne says...

Hi,

I've found some patches of grass that grow really fast and I wonder if
someone could identify it for me please.

How to get rid of it would be nice to know too.

Pictures are he

http://www.baldman.eclipse.co.uk/Oddgrass/page.html

Thanks in advance,
Steven

Does it look like this when left to just grow?

http://imgplace.com/image/view/41256...fe6bb4a4c05a64

If so, then it's dallisgrass which I'm trying to get rid of. No solution for
this as I'm still struggling with it.

I think you've nailed it.

Roundup and re-seed I think.

Thanks.

Steven

Old 26-06-2008, 12:29 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

wrote:
In article , Steven Wayne says...
Hi,

I've found some patches of grass that grow really fast and I wonder if
someone could identify it for me please.

How to get rid of it would be nice to know too.

Pictures are he

http://www.baldman.eclipse.co.uk/Oddgrass/page.html

Thanks in advance,
Steven

Does it look like this when left to just grow?

http://imgplace.com/image/view/41256...fe6bb4a4c05a64

If so, then it's dallisgrass which I'm trying to get rid of. No solution for
this as I'm still struggling with it.

I think you've nailed it.

Roundup and re-seed I think.

Thanks.

Steven

that's alot of work for something that is just going to eventually come
back. maybe there is a time during tthe year when the desirable grass
is dormant and this is not. if so hit it with roundup then.