GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cats fouling in grass (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/176390-cats-fouling-grass.html)

Blairadamwitch 28-06-2008 04:54 PM

Cats fouling in grass

Anybody got any idea how to stop house cats fouling on my lawn?
I have a small strip of grass that is constantly being ruined by cats.
I've tried various anti cat pellets from DIY stores and I also have a sonic cat repellent...nothing has worked.

Thanks

Chuck[_3_] 28-06-2008 11:09 PM

Cats fouling in grass

Blairadamwitch wrote:
Anybody got any idea how to stop house cats fouling on my lawn?
I have a small strip of grass that is constantly being ruined by cats.
I've tried various anti cat pellets from DIY stores and I also have a
sonic cat repellent...nothing has worked.

Thanks

Keep them in the house if they are yours. If not, call animal control.
They will trap them and take them away.

EXT 30-06-2008 04:04 PM

Cats fouling in grass

Are you sure it is cats? They normally do not foul grass, their first
instinct is to bury their feces in loose soil not dump it on the grass. You
may have some other creature such as raccoons who love to foul lawns,
doorsteps, roofs and wherever you may want to walk.

"Blairadamwitch" wrote in
message ...

--
Blairadamwitch

Dave Balderstone 03-07-2008 03:02 AM

Cats fouling in grass

In article , Blairadamwitch
wrote:

Anybody got any idea how to stop house cats fouling on my lawn?
I have a small strip of grass that is constantly being ruined by cats.
I've tried various anti cat pellets from DIY stores and I also have a
sonic cat repellent...nothing has worked.

Try this:

http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.aspx?c=1&p=44958&cat=2,2280,33159

--
Woodworking links and more at http://www.woodenwabbits.com
--------------

SteveB[_9_] 03-07-2008 05:18 AM

Cats fouling in grass

Blairadamwitch wrote:

Anybody got any idea how to stop house cats fouling on my lawn?
I have a small strip of grass that is constantly being ruined by cats.
I've tried various anti cat pellets from DIY stores and I also have a
sonic cat repellent...nothing has worked.

My grandmother had good luck with a squirt gun filled with ammonia. Get
one of those gaudy things the kids like today, and I'll bet you could hit
a cat from your front porch.

dgk 03-07-2008 12:44 PM

Cats fouling in grass

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 04:18:16 +0000 (UTC), "SteveB"
wrote:

Blairadamwitch wrote:

Anybody got any idea how to stop house cats fouling on my lawn?
I have a small strip of grass that is constantly being ruined by cats.
I've tried various anti cat pellets from DIY stores and I also have a
sonic cat repellent...nothing has worked.

My grandmother had good luck with a squirt gun filled with ammonia. Get
one of those gaudy things the kids like today, and I'll bet you could hit
a cat from your front porch.

I guess ammonia in the eyes wouldn't cause any permanent damage to a
cat. Can we try it on you first just to be sure?

Skinty 10-07-2008 12:54 AM

Cats fouling in grass

Shoot the Bustards

"Blairadamwitch" wrote in
message ...

jennywe 16-07-2010 11:13 AM

Chuck, SteveB, Skinty.

If you have nothing usefull to contribute, please keep your unpleasant comments to yourselves.

Clearly you are in need of animal control !!