GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What weedkiller would you recommend (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/176601-what-weedkiller-would-you-recommend.html)

[email protected] 05-07-2008 01:22 PM

What weedkiller would you recommend

use roundup and plant soon after plants die.

PatCh 05-07-2008 01:26 PM

What weedkiller would you recommend

I have dug over and rakes a piece of ground ready to sow grass seed but it is now covered with a fresh growth of docks. If I use a weedkiller on these docks, how soon after can I sow the grass ?

Shanghai McCoy[_2_] 05-07-2008 02:08 PM

PatCh wrote:
I have dug over and rakes a piece of ground ready to sow grass seed but
it is now covered with a fresh growth of docks. If I use a weedkiller
on these docks, how soon after can I sow the grass ?

Perfect time to use vinegar. Spray the weeds - they should be dead
within 4 hours tops. Water for a few minutes and the acidity is gone...

Shanghai McCoy[_2_] 05-07-2008 07:57 PM

Abe wrote:
I have dug over and rakes a piece of ground ready to sow grass seed but
it is now covered with a fresh growth of docks. If I use a weedkiller
on these docks, how soon after can I sow the grass ?

Perfect time to use vinegar. Spray the weeds - they should be dead
within 4 hours tops. Water for a few minutes and the acidity is gone...

Vinegar, really? Have you tried it? If it does really work, then that
would be one inexpensive weed killer. Does it kill everything, or just
a few types of weeds?

I started using it a few weeks ago, and it kills everything - even
dollar weed is brown within 3-4 hours.

[email protected] 07-07-2008 01:56 PM

What weedkiller would you recommend

spraying straight venigar is cheeper than roundup???

Shanghai McCoy[_2_] 07-07-2008 04:50 PM

wrote:
spraying straight venigar is cheeper than roundup???

5% vinegar (the normal strength you'll get at the grocery store) is
what.. $1 a gal.? maybe $1.50? 1/2 Gallon of Roundup Ready-To-Use Weed
and Grass Killer is $9.99 'round here...

[email protected] 08-07-2008 12:30 PM

What weedkiller would you recommend

ok , i was using the quart bottle of roundup concentrate for
20.00 , makes makes about 16 gallons of spray .