GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tractor mower engines (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/176950-tractor-mower-engines.html)

FDR[_2_] 17-07-2008 12:29 AM

Tractor mower engines

I have the choice between a Kohler single cylinder engine vs a Briggs
and Stratton 2 cylinder Intek engine on a 46" tractor. Which do you
think is better?

Thanks in advance.

Chas Hurst 17-07-2008 12:41 AM

Tractor mower engines

"FDR" fdr@kjdfgkdfkl wrote in message

I have the choice between a Kohler single cylinder engine vs a Briggs and
Stratton 2 cylinder Intek engine on a 46" tractor. Which do you think is
better?

Thanks in advance.

I paid extra for a Kohler engine in my 42" Craftsamn mower. It has issues,
such as oil leaks and noisy hydraulic tappets.
Given a second chance I would go with a B&S engine.

Red[_2_] 17-07-2008 12:50 AM

Tractor mower engines

On Jul 16, 6:29*pm, FDR fdr@kjdfgkdfkl wrote:
I have the choice between a Kohler single cylinder engine vs a Briggs
and Stratton 2 cylinder Intek engine on a 46" tractor. *Which do you
think is better?

Thanks in advance.

Both are decent engines, however it being a garden tractor with a 46"
mower, personally I'd prefer a 2 cyl engine over a 1 cyl.

Red

FDR[_2_] 17-07-2008 01:24 AM

Tractor mower engines

Red wrote:
On Jul 16, 6:29 pm, FDR fdr@kjdfgkdfkl wrote:
I have the choice between a Kohler single cylinder engine vs a Briggs
and Stratton 2 cylinder Intek engine on a 46" tractor. Which do you
think is better?

Thanks in advance.

Both are decent engines, however it being a garden tractor with a 46"
mower, personally I'd prefer a 2 cyl engine over a 1 cyl.

Red

Yeah, the 2 cyl would give me 24 hp, vs 22 on the single cyl.