GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Sprinkler Pipes & Tree Roots (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/177390-sprinkler-pipes-tree-roots.html)

Bill Smith 31-07-2008 01:16 AM

Sprinkler Pipes & Tree Roots

I want to upgrade my sprinkler pipes from the old steel pipes to the new pvc
pipes. The steel pipes have been there since 1976 and I think their have
interior corrosion that's reducing the water pressure. There is a large tree
in my front yard with lots of roots that have grown arround the steel
sprinkler laterals. Does anyone have a creative suggest for replacing these
pipes without injuring the tree?

Thanks,

Bill

Eggs Zachtly 31-07-2008 02:52 AM

Sprinkler Pipes & Tree Roots

Bill Smith said:

I want to upgrade my sprinkler pipes from the old steel pipes to the new pvc
pipes. The steel pipes have been there since 1976 and I think their have
interior corrosion that's reducing the water pressure. There is a large tree
in my front yard with lots of roots that have grown arround the steel
sprinkler laterals. Does anyone have a creative suggest for replacing these
pipes without injuring the tree?

How far from the trunk are the pipes?

--

Eggs

- Listen: Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for
a system of government! Supreme executive power derives from a mandate
from the masses, not from some... farcical aquatic ceremony!

Clark[_2_] 31-07-2008 12:53 PM

Sprinkler Pipes & Tree Roots

Eggs Zachtly wrote:
Bill Smith said:

I want to upgrade my sprinkler pipes from the old steel pipes to the
new pvc pipes. The steel pipes have been there since 1976 and I
think their have interior corrosion that's reducing the water
pressure. There is a large tree in my front yard with lots of roots
that have grown arround the steel sprinkler laterals. Does anyone
have a creative suggest for replacing these pipes without injuring
the tree?

How far from the trunk are the pipes?

who cares?? I would just dig up the roots, as the roots should not to be
buried because they need air and water right?
Clark...

--
Don't you have Google in your part of the world?

Eggs Zachtly 01-08-2008 10:01 AM

Sprinkler Pipes & Tree Roots

Clark said:

Eggs Zachtly wrote:
Bill Smith said:

I want to upgrade my sprinkler pipes from the old steel pipes to the
new pvc pipes. The steel pipes have been there since 1976 and I
think their have interior corrosion that's reducing the water
pressure. There is a large tree in my front yard with lots of roots
that have grown arround the steel sprinkler laterals. Does anyone
have a creative suggest for replacing these pipes without injuring
the tree?

How far from the trunk are the pipes?

who cares?? I would just dig up the roots, as the roots should not to be
buried because they need air and water right?
Clark...

*kicks shin*

=P
--

Eggs

-Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

Clark[_2_] 01-08-2008 12:45 PM

Sprinkler Pipes & Tree Roots

Eggs Zachtly wrote:
Clark said:

Eggs Zachtly wrote:
Bill Smith said:

I want to upgrade my sprinkler pipes from the old steel pipes to
the new pvc pipes. The steel pipes have been there since 1976 and
I think their have interior corrosion that's reducing the water
pressure. There is a large tree in my front yard with lots of
roots that have grown arround the steel sprinkler laterals. Does
anyone have a creative suggest for replacing these pipes without
injuring the tree?

How far from the trunk are the pipes?

who cares?? I would just dig up the roots, as the roots should not
to be buried because they need air and water right?
Clark...

*kicks shin*

=P

Clark stumbles away with *two* bruised shins now..
I'm telling ya I read it somewhere!?

Clark...

--
Don't you have Google in your part of the world?