GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Is my plum tree a killer? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/177772-my-plum-tree-killer.html)

[email protected] 12-08-2008 06:21 AM

Is my plum tree a killer?

In the spring my lovely plum tree that has survived everything puts
out sticky stuff that coats its leaves. Nothing will grow in the area
under the tree. Is this sticky stuff poisoning my soil? And, if so,
is my compost poisoned now too? Thanks much for any knowledge you can
share!

Bob F 27-08-2008 05:35 PM

Is my plum tree a killer?

wrote in message
In the spring my lovely plum tree that has survived everything puts
out sticky stuff that coats its leaves. Nothing will grow in the area
under the tree. Is this sticky stuff poisoning my soil? And, if so,
is my compost poisoned now too? Thanks much for any knowledge you can
share!

The sticky stuff is probably aphid "dew" (excrement).