GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lawn Dying Around Sidewalks (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/178262-lawn-dying-around-sidewalks.html)

Mbt6 31-08-2008 03:13 AM

Lawn Dying Around Sidewalks

It seems like every year, but this year is worse, that I have grass that
will die where it borders a sidewalk or driveway. It's not all dying, but a
lot of brown spots. It does pull up fairly easy.

It's mostly Kentucky Blue. I live in northern utah.

I have tried to fertilize to no avail.

any ideas would be helpful.

SteveBell 31-08-2008 04:00 AM

Mbt6 wrote:

It seems like every year, but this year is worse, that I have grass
that will die where it borders a sidewalk or driveway. It's not all
dying, but a lot of brown spots. It does pull up fairly easy.

It's mostly Kentucky Blue. I live in northern utah.

I have tried to fertilize to no avail.

any ideas would be helpful.

Does it die in everyone's yard, or just yours?

If it's a widespread problem, then it's probably either damage from hot
concrete or shallow soil. Obligatory story: My buddy had a three-foot
section where grass wouldn't grow. It turned out the builders had
buried a huge chunk of concrete down about six inches.

If it's just your yard, then I'll have to ask what is different about
your concrete?

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement