Old 01-09-2008, 11:40 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Honda Petrol Mower running problem - cutting out on high revs

Austen wrote:
I have had no problem with my Honda GCV135 4.5hp petrol lawn mower until
today. The motor starts on full choke but then wants to immediately cut
out unless I quickly reduce the revs to the tortoise setting - ie low
revs. The mower will cut the grass, but put the revs up and the engine
wants to cut out again.

There are no problems with the oil level or oil and petrol leaks. As I
say, the mower starts over and over again without issue. I have drained
the carb as well and the air filter is cleaned regularly.

Advice please!

You say the gas leaks? Is this at the carb? If so, work the carb.

Oh bloody Peace
Old 02-09-2008, 12:21 AM
Registered User

Default Honda Petrol Mower problem - cutting out at high revs

I have a problem with my Honda petrol mower GCV135 4.5hp - follow behind type. Starting with the choke is not a problem - time after time. Unleaded gas used everytime.
The moment the engine fires up though, it wants to cut out unless I drop the revs to a very low setting. Blade still cuts the grass, but raise the revs and the engine again wants to cut out.
I have drained the carb and the air filter does not appear at fault. There is obviously a spark to get the engine started, but I'm stumped what to do next.
I live in London so I hope my terminology is understandable.

Advice greatly appreciated.

Austen
Old 02-09-2008, 06:59 PM
Registered User

No, there are no problems with any gas or oil leaks - I meant no leaks at all.
Sorry for the confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post

Old 02-09-2008, 10:08 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

i think its time to take the carb apart and clean things out.sounds
like you have a fuel restriction. lucas

Old 03-09-2008, 08:20 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Check the fuel filter.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley