Old 17-09-2008, 10:31 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Carpenter bees ??? HELP !!

Hello All

I recently (after several stings) discovered I have bees living underground,
against a fence post in my yard. They look like little yellow jackets, but
are in the ground and actually eating away at my fence post. I am calling
them carpenter bees, though they look like little yellow jackets. I sprayed
them with the wasp and hornet foam stuff that usually "kills on contact" and
it doesn't touch them !! They come pouring out of the ground and chase me
into my pool. How do I kill these?? Any help welcomed

John W

Old 18-09-2008, 02:22 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

This is just a guess: I had a nest of some sort of bees buried in my
mulch. I used a Bee killer that was a foam it pretty much did trick. I
did get stung a few times in the process but i finally got rid of it
Old 18-09-2008, 01:25 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Sep 17, 5:31*pm, "John W" wrote:
Hello All

I recently (after several stings) discovered I have bees living underground,
against a fence post in my yard. They look like little yellow jackets, but
are in the ground and actually eating away at my fence post. I am calling
them carpenter bees, though they look like little yellow jackets. I sprayed
them with the wasp and hornet foam stuff that usually "kills on contact" and
it doesn't touch them !! They come pouring out of the ground and chase me
into my pool. How do I kill these?? Any help welcomed

John W

They are probably yellow jackets nesting around post. Carpenter bees
are fairly large and bore into wood above ground.
I kill yellow jacket nests by spraying a knock down spray (wasp and
hornet) on opening and then dumping a gallon of spray such as
malathion (properly diluted) directly into the ground opening. You'll
get a few strays coming back to nest after first couple of days and
you can spray them with knock down spay.

The knock down spray directly into nest opening can wipe out the whole
nest but if opening is convoluted, as I sometimes get in openings in
siding around house, it takes a lot of spraying and sealing openings.
Old 18-09-2008, 02:28 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

find the hole during the day,after dark pour a quart of gasoline in
the hole. dont deal with them during daylight.

Old 18-09-2008, 07:34 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bob Bob is offline

wrote in message
find the hole during the day,after dark pour a quart of gasoline in
the hole. dont deal with them during daylight.

then strike a match to it?

Old 18-09-2008, 09:01 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Go out at night and put a little seven dust all around the hole where
they will walk in it as they go in and out.
I found this out by accident but it works.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Old 18-10-2008, 09:33 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

I had a hive of nasty litte hornets right outside my door in the shrubs,
forget the night thing (with hornets anyway) I tried at night and the got me
with or without a light......mixed a gallon of liquid 7 they call for 2
rablespoons per gal, I used 4 and that did it I could spray during daylight
when I could see, the spray was able to be done from afar, got the whole
nest
"Mel M Kelly" wrote in message
Go out at night and put a little seven dust all around the hole where
they will walk in it as they go in and out.
I found this out by accident but it works.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Old 19-10-2008, 03:23 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Oct 18, 3:33*pm, "Jim C" wrote:
I had a hive of nasty litte hornets right outside my door in the shrubs,
forget the night thing (with hornets anyway) I tried at night and the got me
with or without a light......mixed a gallon of liquid 7 they call for 2
rablespoons per gal, I used 4 and that did it I could spray during daylight
when I could see, the spray was able to be done from afar, got the whole
nest
"Mel M Kelly" wrote in ...

Go out at night and put a little seven dust all around the hole where
they will walk in it as they go in and out.
I found this out by accident but it works.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

http://community.webtv.net/MelKelly/TheKids- Hide quoted text -

Mix b6 ounces of boric acid powder (available from Walmart or any
Pharmacy) into 2 quarts of water, and saturate area of hole with mix.
Bees egt the boric acid on them and it dehydrates them and they die in
a few days time. You can also take cotton balls and saturate in boric
acid mix and plug up holes. Bees consume or get boric acid on them
whenthey try and remove cotton plugs and dehydrate as well. This mix
works great on carpenter bees or most anay exoskeleton insects, but
for ants its good to add some Sugar or karo corn syrup to the mix for
an attractant.

IMHO nothing works as fast or thourouigh as lacquar thinner or
gasoline and a match!

treatment for carpenter bees Jay-n-123 Lawns 0 30-05-2007 08:24 PM
Are these carpenter bees? Jay-n-123 Lawns 9 29-05-2007 11:38 AM
Carpenter bees Raleighgirl North Carolina 13 24-06-2005 06:30 PM
Carpenter bees Gardening 2 18-05-2004 07:03 AM
Carpenter Bees Rachel Gardening 0 13-05-2004 05:03 AM