GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plant ID help please (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/178812-plant-id-help-please.html)

KC[_2_] 24-09-2008 05:47 PM

Plant ID help please

A neighbor asked me to look at her "butterfly bush". Well, right away
I knew it wasn't the typical butterfly bush that attracts
butterflies. The blooms themselves look like small butterflies.
I have done a lot of searching but have not been able to identify it.
I know it came from North Carolina and is a fall bloomer. Individual
blooms are about the size of a quarter. Can anyone help?

http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/q...5610/BFB02.jpg
http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/q...610/BFB001.jpg

KC

Oren[_2_] 24-09-2008 06:25 PM

Plant ID help please

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 09:47:27 -0700 (PDT), KC
wrote:

A neighbor asked me to look at her "butterfly bush". Well, right away
I knew it wasn't the typical butterfly bush that attracts
butterflies. The blooms themselves look like small butterflies.
I have done a lot of searching but have not been able to identify it.
I know it came from North Carolina and is a fall bloomer. Individual
blooms are about the size of a quarter. Can anyone help?

http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/q...5610/BFB02.jpg
http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/q...610/BFB001.jpg

KC

I seemed too have found it a few clicks.

Clerodendrum ugandense (Blue Glory Bower, blue butterfly bush) -
flowers

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Im...-_from-DC1.jpg

KC[_2_] 24-09-2008 10:09 PM

Plant ID help please

wrote:

A neighbor asked me to look at her "butterfly bush". *Well, right away
I knew it wasn't the typical butterfly bush that attracts
butterflies. *The blooms themselves look like small butterflies.
I have done a lot of searching but have not been able to identify it.
I know it came from North Carolina and is a fall bloomer. *Individual
blooms are about the size of a quarter. *Can anyone help?

http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/q...5610/BFB02.jpg
http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/q...610/BFB001.jpg

KC

I seemed too have found it a few clicks.

Clerodendrum ugandense (Blue Glory Bower, blue butterfly bush) -
flowers

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Im...andense_-_butt...

That's it, many thanks. With your help I was able to do a little
research. It's also known as Butterfly Bush, Oxford Bush, Cambridge
Bush (Clerodendrum myricoides 'Ugandense' ) It comes in many shades &
patterns of blue.

KC