GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   float chargers use (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/179859-float-chargers-use.html)

rb 20-11-2008 06:01 PM

float chargers use

Got a question for all you good detectives out the

I'm going to put float chargers on several garden tractors.

Any reason I can't leave the float leads hooked up to battery, with the
float charger in place, and just unhook the pigtail from external power????

Seems like that'd be easier to do each time rather than hooking up and
unhooking the float charger.

[email protected] 30-11-2008 02:24 PM

float chargers use

On Nov 28, 4:43*pm, Claude Hopper
wrote:
rb wrote:
Got a question for all you good detectives out the

I'm going to put float chargers on several garden tractors.

Any reason I can't leave the float leads hooked up to battery, with the
float charger in place, and just unhook the pigtail from external power????

Seems like that'd be easier to do each time rather than hooking up and
unhooking the float charger.

No. *But if it's a float charger it has auto shut off or tapers off to
ultra low output. Leave it plugged in all the time. Read the instructions..

--
Claude Hopper * * * * *:)

You can use one and rotate it among several batteries by pulling the
pigtail. I've done it that way.