GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Seeding now (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/180000-seeding-now.html)

Kurt Ullman 28-11-2008 01:47 PM

Seeding now

Had some work done around my house that included reworking some of the
planting beds. We want to make a couple smaller by planting grass in
some of the areas. Is it too late this year in Indiana?

[email protected] 28-11-2008 02:18 PM

Seeding now

you can do it now,but straw over it is a must. ive seeded in
dec,jan,feb with good results,just dont expect to much growth till it
gets warm. the seed and straw are better than mud i think..

[email protected] 30-11-2008 02:26 PM

Seeding now

On Nov 28, 9:18*am, wrote:
* * *you can do it now,but straw over it is a must. ive seeded in
dec,jan,feb with good results,just dont expect to much growth till it
gets warm. the seed and straw are better than mud i think..

You can seed all you want, but grass seed needs soil temps in the 50's
to germinate, so in Indiana in Dec, it's just going to sit there till
Spring.

johnpierce79 24-12-2008 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (Post 823726)
dont expect to much growth till it
gets warm.

The same situation is with me! I tried for a couple of years!