Old 17-12-2008, 04:24 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Trimming this tree, what kind of tree is this?

Hi, I posted a while back "Trimming this tree" and I got a lot of nice
replies, especially from JimR (I'm trying to compose an answer) but I
couldn't say what kind of tree I had.

So today I took pictures. I've almost forgotten how the camera
software works, and I've never used a photo sharing site before. I
forgot when taking the pictures not to turn the camera 90 degrees, and
it didn't always focus well, and it was starting to rain, so if the
pictures aren't good enough, let me know and I'll redo them. I think
they're pretty bad.

Plus for some reason flickr put them in the opposite order from the
way I took them. (Also Explorer, when sorting by time puts them in
3,5,4,6,8,7,9 order, where those are the last digits of the frame
numbers assigned by the camera. Isn't that strange?)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/meirman/

The first 3 are one tree, and the remaining 4 are another. They may
be the same kind of tree, but I'm so bad at "faces", I'm not even sure
of that.

So, are these pictures enough to tell what the trees are?

Old 19-12-2008, 04:41 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"mm" wrote in message
[...]

I'm no expert, but it looks like one tree might be a type of fir, and the
other a juniper, cedar or arbor vitae. Maybe you can Google a few good
pictures of those varieties and compare them with what you have -- or better
yet, cut off a small branch of each and take them to the extension service
(or even a local full-service nursery) for a quick ID.