Old 09-03-2009, 03:14 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Moles!

My yard is 2 acres and I have a mole problem. As the ground is just
beginning to thaw, I'm getting ready to do battle. I'm thinking all out,
traps, bait, hungry dog,... But my problem is I have a lot of large spruce
trees with ground hugging limbs. The mole trails go in and out of there.
Does the mole repellant work? If so, I'd spray under the trees and get the
moles in the yard.

Also any first hand mole fighting stories would help. What works. What
doesn't work.

Al

Old 09-03-2009, 03:30 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Al Schmidt wrote:
My yard is 2 acres and I have a mole problem. As the ground is just
beginning to thaw, I'm getting ready to do battle. I'm thinking all out,
traps, bait, hungry dog,... But my problem is I have a lot of large
spruce trees with ground hugging limbs. The mole trails go in and out of
there. Does the mole repellant work? If so, I'd spray under the trees
and get the moles in the yard.

Also any first hand mole fighting stories would help. What works. What
doesn't work.

Al

I tried the battery-operated buzz-spikes, a rat terrier, and mole bait
to no avail. Sprinkling used kitty litter around and in tunnel entrances
finally worked.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Schmidt View Post

Try http://gardens.taylorschoice.co.uk/p...llent_2kgs.php (Go! Mole Go!) a new product which has come onto the market for the use against mole problems. It is said to be a very good product.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:25 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Al Schmidt wrote:
My yard is 2 acres and I have a mole problem. As the ground is just
beginning to thaw, I'm getting ready to do battle. I'm thinking all out,
traps, bait, hungry dog,... But my problem is I have a lot of large
spruce trees with ground hugging limbs. The mole trails go in and out of
there. Does the mole repellant work? If so, I'd spray under the trees
and get the moles in the yard.

Also any first hand mole fighting stories would help. What works. What
doesn't work.

Al

A few wet years ago I spread a fungicide around the yard. At evening we
saw and heard several moles. They were running around like chickens with
their heads chopped off. They were noisy. I didn't know they made sounds
until then. They didn't like it one bit. I guess the rain put into their
levels of the tunnels. My daughter caught one and took it to school for
show and tell. It ate a ton of crickets and worms.
We haven't had moles in the yard in a long time.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:50 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Al Schmidt" wrote:
My yard is 2 acres and I have a mole problem. As the ground is just
beginning to thaw, I'm getting ready to do battle. I'm thinking all out,
traps, bait, hungry dog,... But my problem is I have a lot of large
spruce trees with ground hugging limbs. The mole trails go in and out of
there. Does the mole repellant work? If so, I'd spray under the trees and
get the moles in the yard.

Also any first hand mole fighting stories would help. What works. What
doesn't work.

Al

Hello Al, the mole can be a challenge so it's best to read up on them
first.

Traps seem to be the most efficient approach, the mole man has a good
website about trying to control them.

http://www.themoleman.com/

--
http://NewsReader.Com/

Old 11-03-2009, 11:54 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Mar 9, 11:14*am, "Al Schmidt" wrote:
My yard is 2 acres and I have a mole problem. As the ground is just
beginning to thaw, I'm getting ready to do battle. I'm thinking all out,
traps, bait, hungry dog,... But my problem is I have a lot of large spruce
trees with ground hugging limbs. The mole trails go in and out of there.
Does the mole repellant work? If so, I'd spray under the trees and get the
moles in the yard.

Also any first hand mole fighting stories would help. What works. What
doesn't *work.

Al

Got rid of moles years ago by using a mole poison with a phosphide
base. Not only poisonous for them to eat but may have generated
deadly phosphine gas in their tunnels.
Old 16-03-2009, 01:29 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Al Schmidt wrote:
My yard is 2 acres and I have a mole problem. As the ground is just
beginning to thaw, I'm getting ready to do battle. I'm thinking all out,
traps, bait, hungry dog,... But my problem is I have a lot of large
spruce trees with ground hugging limbs. The mole trails go in and out of
there. Does the mole repellant work? If so, I'd spray under the trees
and get the moles in the yard.

Also any first hand mole fighting stories would help. What works. What
doesn't work.

Al

Please let us know if you make any progress against 'em. I've got 'em
again, and I'm not looking forward to the cat litter solution....
Old 19-03-2009, 12:59 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Mar 15, 9:29*pm, Shanghai McCoy wrote:
Al Schmidt wrote:
My yard is 2 acres and I have a mole problem. As the ground is just
beginning to thaw, I'm getting ready to do battle. I'm thinking all out,
traps, bait, hungry dog,... But my problem is I have a lot of large
spruce trees with ground hugging limbs. The mole trails go in and out of
there. Does the mole repellant work? If so, I'd spray under the trees
and get the moles in the yard.

Also any first hand mole fighting stories would help. What works. What
doesn't *work.

Al

Please let us know if you make any progress against 'em. I've got 'em
again, and I'm not looking forward to the cat litter solution....

What's so bad about the cat liitter solution? I've never tried it so
I don't know if it's effective, but it doesn't sound bad at all,
especially compared to other more dangerous or costly solutions.

Chipmunks or moles? Duane Morin Gardening 6 03-10-2003 05:12 PM
Moles ROY MCMASTER Australia 4 17-04-2003 01:08 PM
Getting rid of moles Chris Haney North Carolina 7 07-04-2003 02:44 AM
Moles VS Voles smitty48 Edible Gardening 3 22-03-2003 08:44 PM
How do you get rid of moles without traps Susan E Desjardins Edible Gardening 18 18-03-2003 06:44 PM