Old 19-03-2009, 10:33 AM
Registered User

Default Briggs and Stratton Vanguard 18hp - Starter ID Help

Hi everyone, I have a problem with finding a replacement starter motor for my Countax K18 Ride On, it is fitted with a Briggs and Stratton Vanguard 18hp V-Twin engine.
Can anyone help in identifying this starter, it has the number 9108052, stamped in the starter gear end, but no other markings, I have included the pictures below in the hope that someone may recognise it.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m...9/DSC_4454.jpg

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m...9/DSC_4455.jpg

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m...9/DSC_4456.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks - Nigel.
Old 19-03-2009, 11:48 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Art Art is offline

[image: http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m.../DSC_4454.jpg]

[image: http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m.../DSC_4455.jpg]

[image: http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m.../DSC_4456.jpg]

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks - Nigel.

It is a B&S starter. Get the engine model number and go to any B&S
dealer. They can sell you a new one.

--
Art
Old 20-03-2009, 12:03 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Mar 19, 7:48*pm, Art wrote:
Historic Aero wrote:
Hi everyone, I have a problem with finding a replacement starter motor
for my Countax K18 Ride On, it is fitted with a Briggs and Stratton
Vanguard 18hp V-Twin engine.
Can anyone help in identifying this starter, it has the number 9108052,
stamped in the starter gear end, but no other markings, I have included
the pictures below in the hope that someone may recognise it.

[image:http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m.../DSC_4454.jpg]

[image:http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m.../DSC_4455.jpg]

[image:http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m.../DSC_4456.jpg]

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks - Nigel.

It is a B&S starter. Get the engine model number and go to any B&S
dealer. They can sell you a new one.

Or with the same info, you can find the part # online at one of the
parts stores and buy it there.