GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   lawn mower (tractor) jerks (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/182149-lawn-mower-tractor-jerks.html)

Doug [email protected] 30-03-2009 08:26 PM

lawn mower (tractor) jerks

What causes the tractor to jerk while it is going? It seems to be getting
worse. Is it the drive belt, rear end or something else?

Art 31-03-2009 03:52 AM

lawn mower (tractor) jerks

Doug wrote:
What causes the tractor to jerk while it is going? It seems to be getting
worse. Is it the drive belt, rear end or something else?

Loose chain, worn axle splines, drive pulley shaft and key sloppy and
badly worn, rims not securely attached to drive axle, rear end or
transmission or engine loose, etc. Any one of these or some combination
of the above.

--
Art

Doug [email protected] 16-04-2009 02:12 AM

lawn mower (tractor) jerks

Looks like transmission.

damian 27-04-2009 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug [email
worse. Is it the drive belt, rear end or something else?

To be honest its hard to say without inspecting it . There are a number of possible reasons :-

1.It could be the belt slipping

2.There might not be enough petrol getting through

3. Is the air filter blocked at all ?

4.Have you looked at the spark plug ?

5. When you say jerk is there a constant jerk ?

If you require further help don't hesitate to ring us ,my site is in the signature, and then when we find the problem i can post it in here to let other users find a quick solution.

Many thanks from the gmrm team