GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   bird getting seed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/182861-bird-getting-seed.html)

Doug [email protected] 21-04-2009 03:47 PM

bird getting seed

How can I prevent a big blackbird from pecking away at my cantalope and
cucumber mounds? I reseeded and the bird keeps coming back and getting
them.

Stubby[_3_] 22-04-2009 12:24 PM

bird getting seed

On Apr 21, 9:47*am, Doug wrote:
How can I prevent a big blackbird from pecking away at my cantalope and
cucumber mounds? *I reseeded and the bird keeps coming back and getting
them.

Try some netting used to keep birds off fruit trees. It is black with
about 1/2" mesh and light enough to be supported by a few sticks.

The old suggestion was to "Plant three seeds. One for me, one for
thee and one for the crow."

petersteel 16-12-2009 07:30 AM

i read that .. i think Netting bird, spikes bird, bird control, bird repellents and pest bird control can all together help us in Bird Control and can solve difficulty completely.... i hope that would help u ...

Tigerlily 17-12-2009 07:14 PM

If you want to protect a small area that has been seeded you can make cloches out of half a plastic fizzy drinks bottle.

petersteel 11-01-2010 06:37 AM

i think u should use bird netting .. that will really helpful...

stphen 10-03-2010 06:11 AM

i think you should go for bird netting. Bird netting is used to exclude pest birds from areas such as rooftops, warehouses, airline hangars, overhangs, eaves of homes and other enclosed areas that pest birds are to be kept out of. Netting will provide 100% exclusion of pest birds and is a long-term bird control solution.