GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   smoking ground (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/183506-smoking-ground.html)

herb white 11-05-2009 04:52 PM

smoking ground

I live in central va and it`s been raining for serveral days. Thr
ground is fully saturated. As I was going down the back steps
this A M I noticed what looked like small puffs of smoke coming from the
ground. There was no fire and everything else looked normal. It`s gone
now. Does anyone know what this could have been?
P S What is Foxfire?
Thanx

EXT 23-05-2009 12:51 AM

smoking ground

herb white wrote:
I live in central va and it`s been raining for serveral days. Thr
ground is fully saturated. As I was going down the back
steps this A M I noticed what looked like small puffs of smoke coming
from the ground. There was no fire and everything else looked normal.
It`s gone now. Does anyone know what this could have been?
P S What is Foxfire?
Thanx

Probably mushrooms/toadstools spreading spores by expelling them into the
air.