GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   BRIGGS AND STRATTON ENGINE (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/183776-briggs-stratton-engine.html)

[email protected] 18-05-2009 11:49 PM

BRIGGS AND STRATTON ENGINE

HOW DO I GET THE FLYWHEEL OFF THE 18 HP VANGUARD ENGINE

Art 19-05-2009 01:04 AM

BRIGGS AND STRATTON ENGINE

wrote:
HOW DO I GET THE FLYWHEEL OFF THE 18 HP VANGUARD ENGINE

Why do want to take it off?

Have you tried a flywheel puller? B&S makes one that is quite
inexpensive. Probably around $5.00 or so.

You could also pry the flywheel up GENTLY with a screwdriver and smack
the crankshaft with a brass hammer or something soft so as not to
mushroom the end of the shaft. The idea here is not to pry it off but to
drive the shaft out of the flywheel with a sharp sudden impact without
damaging the shaft.

--
Art

Tynk[_2_] 25-05-2009 02:51 AM