Old 06-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Registered User

Unhappy Ride on Mower

I bought this machine for our community centre and was very pleased. But with 20 hours on the clock, the belt that drives the three blades snapped. It took nerarly 4 weeks to get it replaced.

On examination I found the tension arm pulley not to be in the same plane as the remaining pulleys. It was and still is out by more 3/8 of an inch!! As an engineerI found this hard to accept and only after several e-mails and photos and telephones to the Head Office of Barrus Ltd did they accept that the wrong tension arm was fitted. I am still waiting 5 weeks later for the correct part to be fitted. The second belt is already wearing out on one side.

Only on day one did we hit the stones twice. Since then the worst object would be this branches. But the blades look very sorry after 40 hours.
Are blades normally hardened?

I wonder if anybody else has experienced similar.

Dhiru
Old 07-08-2009, 06:07 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Art Art is offline

Default Ride on Mower

waterfalls wrote:
[...]

In my experience, You get what you pay for.

--
Art
Old 08-08-2009, 10:31 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
waterfalls wrote:
[...]

I too have found this.

I have gone through several lawn mowers over the years (not sit on) and have really found that quality makes such a big difference. I am very happy with my Honda mower its been working perfectly for the past 6 years.
__________________
Keep gardening till the cows come home.
solar mole repeller
Old 12-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Registered User

I paid UK £3500 for Allrounder Cub Cadet zero turn.

At this price I expect the tension pully arm in the same plane as other pulleys.

Ride on - lawn mower P&J United Kingdom 19 18-09-2003 08:29 PM
Stiga Ride on Mower mark tognella United Kingdom 1 04-09-2003 08:04 PM
ride on mower rob Lawns 1 05-05-2003 10:58 PM
Ride on mower rob Australia 2 05-04-2003 06:35 AM
ride on mower rob Lawns 1 01-01-2003 03:32 AM