GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Stabil (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/186596-stabil.html)

Red[_2_] 17-08-2009 03:26 AM

Stabil

I notice Stabil is now marketing a blend primarily for marine
engines. I thought it was a gas treatment and I never saw gas
differentiated between land and marine useage. Whats up?

Red

Willshak 17-08-2009 07:11 PM

Stabil

on 8/16/2009 10:26 PM (ET) Red wrote the following:
I notice Stabil is now marketing a blend primarily for marine
engines. I thought it was a gas treatment and I never saw gas
differentiated between land and marine useage. Whats up?

Red

Moisture? Maybe it has a Dry Gas mixed in.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

George Abbot 20-08-2009 12:34 PM

Stabil

willshak wrote:
on 8/16/2009 10:26 PM (ET) Red wrote the following:
I notice Stabil is now marketing a blend primarily for marine
engines. I thought it was a gas treatment and I never saw gas
differentiated between land and marine useage. Whats up?

Red

Moisture? Maybe it has a Dry Gas mixed in.

It is for methanol added to gas. Methanol does a job on marine gas
tanks and lines. Same for other gas powered small engines, like
lawnmowers, which is where I use it.

GA