Old 13-10-2009, 07:46 PM
Registered User

Location: bristol uk
Default clover in lawns

How can i treat a bad infestation of clover in a lawn
Old 14-10-2009, 01:20 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

--
tuck44

Any broad-leaf weed killer.
Old 14-10-2009, 01:24 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Oct 14, 8:20*am, Stubby wrote:
On Oct 13, 2:46*pm, tuck44 wrote:

How can i treat a bad infestation of clover in a lawn

--
tuck44

Any broad-leaf weed killer.

Broad-leaf weed killer is not very effective on clover. Clover has a
waxy type of leaf that limits the effectiveness of most broad-leaf
killers. There are products made specifically for clover and similar
weeds that are effective. I think Ortho makes one. Try googling
for "clover killer" or "clover herbicide" and then you should be able
to find it at a local shop.
Old 14-10-2009, 01:47 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Stubby wrote:

tuck44 wrote:
How can i treat a bad infestation of clover in a lawn

--
tuck44

Any broad-leaf weed killer.

bad answer, no biscuit and no cracker either.

Old 14-10-2009, 09:38 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Jim said:

trader4 wrote:

[....]
tuck44 wrote:

How can i treat a bad infestation of clover in a lawn

--
tuck44

[....]
There are products made specifically for clover and similar
weeds that are effective. I think Ortho makes one. Try googling
for "clover killer" or "clover herbicide" and then you should be able
to find it at a local shop.

good answer.

Or, any broadleaf leaf killer and an added surfactant. =)
--
Eggs

-Middle age is when broadness of the mind and narrowness of the waist
change places.
Old 15-10-2009, 03:23 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Eggs Zachtly wrote:

Jim said:
trader4 wrote:
tuck44 wrote:

How can i treat a bad infestation of clover in a lawn

--
tuck44

[....]
There are products made specifically for clover and similar
weeds that are effective. I think Ortho makes one. Try googling
for "clover killer" or "clover herbicide" and then you should be able
to find it at a local shop.

good answer.

Or, any broadleaf leaf killer and an added surfactant. =)

another good answer...

Eggs, I been saving this for you.

http://www.msuturfweeds.net/browse-by-name/

checkout how bermudagrass got labeled as a weed... lol
Old 18-10-2009, 11:27 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Oct 14, 7:46*am, tuck44 wrote:
How can i treat a bad infestation of clover in a lawn

--
tuck44

Thats a very good question ! my parents lawn is full of broad leaf
weeds mainly daisys ! im hunting down a herbacide to kill them off
although im concerned as i do no want ot harm the lawn
Old 03-05-2011, 06:35 PM
Registered User

Clover has a waxy blazon of blade that banned the capability of a lot of broad-leaf killers. There are articles fabricated accurately for clover and similar weeds that are effective. I anticipate Ortho makes one.
T-5 Grow Lights
Old 05-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Registered User

Location: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassoncreza View Post
Clover has a waxy blazon of blade that banned the capability of a lot of broad-leaf killers. There are articles fabricated accurately for clover and similar weeds that are effective. I anticipate Ortho makes one.
Clover in lawn usually indicates that your lawn is low in nitrogen as clover does not like growing in nitrogen rich soil. Try giving your lawn a good feed of nitrogen.