Old 16-01-2007, 07:14 AM
Registered User

I'm with Bart - kill the tree or sue your neighbour. I'm here on the south coast of Australia and I have THREE of these trees towering down on me, destroying my property, and I'd like to know how to kill them too! Damn it I'll walk down to the beach and haul loads of salty water, boil it up, pour it on, have a pee at the same time, put some nice salty kelp around the base and then blow really hard, in the hope they might all topple over on my neighbour's house, and then I'll have a party and plant a bonsai in their memory. RIP.
Old 16-01-2007, 07:19 AM
Registered User

Old 16-01-2007, 07:22 AM
Registered User

I'm hardly a newbie. I've been on the internet since 1994, and active in
this group, on and off, for at least five years.

-Tim

Good on you Tim, that's great - got a chainsaw? Or some salt handy? I'll buy you a ticket to Bart's place and donate the spade (shovel, or whatever you call it over there....)
Old 21-01-2007, 01:39 PM
Registered User

Hi,
Bart, we have EXACTLY the same problem with our neighbour and a 70-80ft Cedar. Same needles, same gutter same roof, same car issue, and worse, The neighbours tree has a Protection Order, which means just to trim it, an arbourculturist (sp) and an environmentalist must agree that the trim would benefit the tree. All for around 500 dollars. (Just for permission!) then the owner has to pay for any work done. We would gladly pay for it, but she doesn't see the problem because the prevailing winds littler our garden with all the droppings. One difference here is it's a cedar and no pine cones. BUT PLENTY OF NEEDLES! We have two German Shepherds, and they need to go outside a couple of times a day, and each time they come in, so do 10-50 needles.

We would not be unhappy if the tree should decide to pass on to the next life, or be bumped off by a third party hitman.

Cheers

Kal
Old 21-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Registered User

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalstras
Hi,
Bart, we have EXACTLY the same problem with our neighbour and a 70-80ft Cedar.
GLYPHOSATE! (SP?)
Commonly sold under the trade name "Roundup".
This is applied to the green growth and makes its way down to the roots where it stops them producing food or the plant. If it comes in contact with the soil it is neutralised, so it doesn't poison anything but the plant it's applied to.

It's more commonly used to control things like nettles, but I have used it to kill off unwanted bamboo plants (I'll have the Bamboo Forum flaming me now!) by painting the leaves a few times with the stuff.

If you paint the green parts of the offending tree several times,this should do the trick for you. (I'd recommend doing this at night, otherwise standing at the top of a ladder painting the leaves might JUST arouse some suspicion!)

Good Luck!
(and don't tell them I told you!!)

Old 22-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESGie
GLYPHOSATE! (SP?)
Commonly sold under the trade name "Roundup".
This is applied to the green growth and makes its way down to the roots where it stops them producing food or the plant. If it comes in contact with the soil it is neutralised, so it doesn't poison anything but the plant it's applied to.

It's more commonly used to control things like nettles, but I have used it to kill off unwanted bamboo plants (I'll have the Bamboo Forum flaming me now!) by painting the leaves a few times with the stuff.

If you paint the green parts of the offending tree several times,this should do the trick for you. (I'd recommend doing this at night, otherwise standing at the top of a ladder painting the leaves might JUST arouse some suspicion!)

Good Luck!
(and don't tell them I told you!!)
Sorry m8 but the tree is 70-80ft tall and the "Green bits" are 30-50ft up the tree. Roundup is a lovely idea, but probably not going to kill the behemoth of a tree...
Old 23-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalstras
Sorry m8 but the tree is 70-80ft tall and the "Green bits" are 30-50ft up the tree. Roundup is a lovely idea, but probably not going to kill the behemoth of a tree...
Pity - I have shares in Roundup
Old 03-04-2007, 08:39 PM
rig rig is offline
Registered User

Talking

[disclamer] The following information is given on the understandment that it will be used within limits of the law and is advice of anyonethat has LEGAL INTENTIONS:
Buy DEEP ROOT by drilling a 1 cm hole in a root and fill it with that then covering it with clingfilm and cellotape that should kill the tree that the roots belong to.

robert

To kill a pine... mike505 United Kingdom 2 18-06-2015 07:43 PM
To kill a pine tree... Bart Lawns 32 23-01-2007 08:45 AM
pine tree for pine nuts jay jay United Kingdom 3 04-10-2004 07:37 AM
[IBC] Advice on Pine Trees (Pine Tree "Farm") Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 03-01-2004 09:28 PM
Advice on Pine Trees (Pine Tree "Farm") Dish Gardening 4 03-01-2004 08:42 PM