Old 23-02-2003, 10:30 PM
Bart

Default To kill a pine tree...

I know this will not be a popular post and I will probably get flamed all
over the place. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but I've reached the
point that I just don't care anymore.

My neighbor's huge pine tree (about 70' tall or more and about 3' at the
base - right on the property line) is destroying my roof, my gutters, my
yard, my pool, and my cars - possibly even my house. I've spent hours
cleaning up the needles, the dead branches, and the cones - not to mention
the damage it has done to the cars. I'm even suspecting that the foundation
of my house has been cracked by a root from this tree as there is a crack in
the concrete floor of one room which radiates directly from that tree.
There are 2" roots all over my front yard.

The problem is that I like my neighbors and I don't want to sue them. I
don't want to threaten them in any way. I don't want to cause any unrest
between us. I just want to get rid of the damn tree.

They didn't plant the tree. We've both lived in our 30 year old houses for
less than two years. So neither of us really knew what was happening when
we purchased these places. That's one reason I really don't want to come
down on them with legal action.

I've asked them politely. I've even offered to have it removed at my own
expense - but they refuse. They don't feel the destruction because the
prevailing wind blows all the stuff onto my property.

Now... with all the roots that are in my yard, it seems I should be able to
drill a hole in some of them, apply an herbicide, and legally kill the tree
without them knowing I did it. Are there any recommendations?

Old 24-02-2003, 12:29 AM
Tonyjc

I was told years ago HOT Salty water is almost undetecable.
Old 24-02-2003, 09:59 AM
Die Spammer !!!

what about pulling the roots out of your yard and property ? that is your right
..
Old 24-02-2003, 11:32 AM
Bart

Some of them are 2" thick or more. I might as well take a backhoe to the
whole yard and start over. But the tree would probably survive and just
keep growing roots.

Old 25-02-2003, 04:29 AM
Tim Fischer

Trees are a major source of property value. If you were ever caught, you
could be sued for tens of thousands of dollars. Your post, which is
tracable to your ISP, will help serve as evidence.

In short DON'T DO IT.

-Tim

Old 25-02-2003, 02:17 PM
Bart

So it basically comes down to me sueing them for the loss of property value...
Old 26-02-2003, 05:39 AM

I'm not gonna tell some top posting jackass how to kill a tree.

Nice try.

--
Zl Arjfernqre vf orggre guna lbhef! (Rot-13)

--
Tb# 40 42 12
Old 27-02-2003, 05:56 PM

I don't know this for a fact,but I've heard they don't like salt. I've
also heard peeing around the base will kill them.
Old 28-02-2003, 12:27 AM
Tim Fischer

I've also heard peeing around the base will kill them.

Definitely. But it has to be done at high-noon, preferably when traffic is going by.

-Tim

Old 02-03-2003, 04:39 AM
Tim Fischer

"Bart" wrote in message
m...
But the roots are in my yard...

Yeah, that's how trees work. DUH.

-Tim

Old 03-03-2003, 01:16 AM
Bart

Let's make you the owner of this tree.

So, which would you prefer, Tim? Would you like me to sue you for all the
damage your tree is doing to my property, or would you rather let me pay to
have it removed? It is going to be gone, eventually. I feel I have a
perfect legal right to destroy the roots that are in my yard. Are you one
of those tree huggers? Don't you give a damn about your neighbors?

This thing is a real problem. Not only to the value of my property, but to
personal safety for both homes. I live in a high lightning strike zone.

DUH...

Bart

Old 03-03-2003, 03:17 AM

"Bart" wrote:
Let's make you the owner of this tree.

So, which would you prefer, Tim? Would you like me to sue you for all
the damage your tree is doing to my property, or would you rather let me
pay to have it removed? It is going to be gone, eventually. I feel I
have a perfect legal right to destroy the roots that are in my yard. Are
you one of those tree huggers? Don't you give a damn about your
neighbors?

This thing is a real problem. Not only to the value of my property, but
to personal safety for both homes. I live in a high lightning strike
zone.

DUH...

Bart

You may have to try and make your point with the neighbor again. One good
argument is those trees blow over first..it's true,look it up.

I could tell you how I'd kill it,but then I'd have to kill you. eg

Go# 40 42 12
Old 03-03-2003, 01:15 PM
Die Dpammer !!!

Oh jees, this guy must have just got his first tracer program LOL

Newbies.... can't kill'em, can't get through to em.

The amazingly bright Tim Fischer wrote:

Trees are a major source of property value. If you were ever caught, you
could be sued for tens of thousands of dollars. Your post, which is
tracable to your ISP, will help serve as evidence.

In short DON'T DO IT.

-Tim

To kill a pine... mike505 United Kingdom 2 18-06-2015 08:43 PM
To kill a pine tree... Bart Lawns 32 23-01-2007 09:45 AM
pine tree for pine nuts jay jay United Kingdom 3 04-10-2004 08:37 AM
[IBC] Advice on Pine Trees (Pine Tree "Farm") Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 03-01-2004 10:28 PM
Advice on Pine Trees (Pine Tree "Farm") Dish Gardening 4 03-01-2004 09:42 PM