GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Snow chains (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/188469-snow-chains.html)

c1gmlm 01-12-2009 08:34 PM

Snow chains

Is there a trick on putting snow chains on a lawn tractor used for
blowing snow? I have put them on and go about 5-10 feet before the
start coming off the side of the tire. I tried to deflate the tire,
getting the chains as tight as I could and then inflating the tire
again, but this doesn't work either.
Could they be too tight?
Thanks
Mike

Art 02-12-2009 11:46 PM

Snow chains

c1gmlm wrote:
Is there a trick on putting snow chains on a lawn tractor used for
blowing snow? I have put them on and go about 5-10 feet before the
start coming off the side of the tire. I tried to deflate the tire,
getting the chains as tight as I could and then inflating the tire
again, but this doesn't work either.
Could they be too tight?
Thanks
Mike

No they are too loose if they are coming off the side. Sounds like you
don't have the correct size chains.

--
Art