Old 17-03-2010, 02:41 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Scotts Weed N Feed / Garden

Will it matter if I accidentally got some Scotts Weed N Feed into my garden
soil?
I wasn't even thinking when I did it.
Old 18-03-2010, 01:57 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Mar 17, 9:41*am, "p-nut" wrote:
Will it matter if I accidentally got some Scotts Weed N Feed into my garden
soil?
I wasn't even thinking when I did it.

It won't matter to me because I won't be eating whatever grows
there. Google the herbicide contained in it and see what you find.
I doubt it's listed for use on food crops. If it was applied at the
rate you would apply it to a lawn and you then till the garden, I
doubt it would prevent plants from growing. But how comfortable you
are eating whatever grows there depends on how much you applied and
when.
Old 18-03-2010, 02:09 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

blurted out in alt.home.lawn.garden:

On Mar 17, 9:41*am, "p-nut" wrote:
Will it matter if I accidentally got some Scotts Weed N Feed into my gard

en
soil?
I wasn't even thinking when I did it.

It won't matter to me because I won't be eating whatever grows
there. Google the herbicide contained in it and see what you find.
I doubt it's listed for use on food crops. If it was applied at the
rate you would apply it to a lawn and you then till the garden, I
doubt it would prevent plants from growing. But how comfortable you
are eating whatever grows there depends on how much you applied and
when.

I made one pass with a speader set at 2 before I realized I was getting some
in the garden and stopped. I put it down about 1month ago.
I emailed Scott's and got what seems to be an automated response. Scott's w/
Halts isn't safe at all but the stuff I put down is safe to put down around
fruit and nut trees.

Old 19-03-2010, 07:44 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

p-nut wrote the following:
Will it matter if I accidentally got some Scotts Weed N Feed into my garden
soil?
I wasn't even thinking when I did it.

How much did you get in the garden?
Maybe you can vacuum it up with a shop vac, or a leaf blower that can
also vacuum, before it gets watered in..

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Old 07-12-2010, 04:26 PM
Registered User

OH! Come on! Don't you pity your vacuum cleaner at all???
miele spares