Old 21-03-2010, 01:09 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Rust Spots on Leaves?

I have a flowering ornamental tree in my front yard, and over the past
couple of years it's developed yellow and rust colored spots during
the warm season, (I live in Greater Boston).

I looked it up on-line, and found that it's some kind of fungus. I
also saw that a commercial grade fungicide called Clevis is supposed
to work for this blight. I know I can buy Clevis on-line, but would
prefer to use a fungicide more suitable for homeowners.

I read that I need to spray early in the season, just after the buds
break open, which will be sometime in the next week. In fact I expect
to spray next weekend, if the weather is good.

Does anyone have any thoughts on a fungicide I can use on my tree??
Old 22-03-2010, 10:32 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Don Green said:

I have a flowering ornamental tree in my front yard, and over the past
couple of years it's developed yellow and rust colored spots during
the warm season, (I live in Greater Boston).

What kind of tree?

I looked it up on-line, and found that it's some kind of fungus.

"Some kind of fungus" is just as vague as "a flowering ornamental tree", you
know that, right?

I also saw that a commercial grade fungicide called Clevis is supposed
to work for this blight.

Do you know what "blight" even means?

I know I can buy Clevis on-line, but would
prefer to use a fungicide more suitable for homeowners.

Good call, assuming that you don't have a commercial applicator's license. That
being said, without knowing what the problem actually is, why would you even
consider treating with anything?

I read that I need to spray early in the season, just after the buds
break open, which will be sometime in the next week. In fact I expect
to spray next weekend, if the weather is good.

Does anyone have any thoughts on a fungicide I can use on my tree??

Without knowing specifics, any advice other than contact a certified arborist to
properly diagnose the problem (and provide a solution) would be a complete waste
of everyone's time. Think about it. If you thought you had cancer because of
something you read online, would you seek out some drug online and treat
yourself? No, you'd probably contact a professional. That's the best thing you
can do for your tree.
--

Eggs

APATHY ERROR: Don't bother striking any key.
Old 23-03-2010, 02:21 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

I apologize for not being more thorough or providing more detail. I
wish I had more information, I would have posted it.

Your suggestion to check with an Arborist is a good one.

That said, I'm struck by how much time you put into your reply, with
no more intent than to be rude and scarcastic.

Pretty busy, huh?

Old 23-03-2010, 11:34 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

[Top-posting fixed]

wrote:

Don Green said:

[...]

The same could be said for your OP. You spent little (if any) time in
researching what type of tree you have the issue with. You have zero idea,
really, what the issue is. And, your idea that you can just apply whatever
chemical you wish, simply because you can "buy it online" (no matter that you
aren't qualified to use it), makes you a threat to the environment and those
around you.

with no more intent than to be rude and scarcastic.

Nope. Trust me. I haven't begun to be either. You just need to get a clue. Since
you don't have one already, a certified arborist is your best bet. AIS, with the
info you've provided, you're wasting everyone's time, here.

Pretty busy, huh?

Actually, this time of year, yes. Too busy to waste any more time on the likes
of you, that's for sure.

*w00giewave*
--

Eggs

Chopped cabbage - not just a good idea... it's THE SLAW.