Old 02-04-2010, 06:21 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default dandylions

every year i put a borad leaf herbicice down to kill the dndylons,
every year they come back.. How do I get rid of them for good?
Old 02-04-2010, 10:18 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Peter Pan wrote the following:
every year i put a borad leaf herbicice down to kill the dndylons,
every year they come back.. How do I get rid of them for good?

You can't get rid of them for good if your neighbors allow them to grow.
Besides, some will come back in spaces that didn't get dry weed killer..
I buy concentrated liquid weed killer and mix it with water in a 2
gallon pump sprayer and walk around the yard spraying dandelions,
plantain, clover, and ground ivy, that the granules didn't get.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Old 03-04-2010, 02:31 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Apr 2, 4:18*pm, willshak wrote:
Peter Pan wrote the following:

every year i put a borad leaf herbicice down to kill the dndylons,
every year they come back.. How do I get rid of them for good?

You can't get rid of them for good if your neighbors allow them to grow.
Besides, some will come back in spaces that didn't get dry weed killer..
I buy concentrated liquid weed killer and mix it with water in a 2
gallon pump sprayer and walk around the yard spraying dandelions,
plantain, clover, and ground ivy, that the granules didn't get.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683

An even better approach is to skip the granular herbicide all together
and just use the pump sprayer. That minimizes the herbicide and
delivers it right where it is needed. A good, dense properly
maintained lawn shouldn't need weed-b-feed at all and the small amount
of dandelions and other weeds can easily be taken care of with the
pump sprayer.