Old 09-04-2010, 01:06 PM
Registered User

Default what next?

Hi,

I am a novice gardener and am attempting to sort out my lawn. Which has a fair bit of moss and weeds.

I aerated the lawn last week and put some sharp sand down. The next day applied evergreen 1:4 complete, it rain well and I now have a several areas of back lawn, not all of the moss and weeds are gone.

What do I do next should I scarify the lawn or just rake up the dead moss and re seed?

Thanks

Jason
Old 10-04-2010, 05:05 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 07:06:59 -0400, Jason Buckler
wrote:

Hi,

I am a novice gardener and am attempting to sort out my lawn. Which has
a fair bit of moss and weeds.

I aerated the lawn last week and put some sharp sand down. The next day
applied evergreen 1:4 complete, it rain well and I now have a several
areas of back lawn, not all of the moss and weeds are gone.

What do I do next should I scarify the lawn or just rake up the dead
moss and re seed?

I would scarify the lawn.

Perhaps get a bottle of lawn weed killer and treat the weeds themselves
and a bag of lawn sand for the moss.

Steven
--
You're a great friend, but if the zombies chase us I'm tripping you.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:13 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Jason Buckler wrote:
Hi,

I am a novice gardener and am attempting to sort out my lawn. Which
has a fair bit of moss and weeds.

I aerated the lawn last week and put some sharp sand down. The next
day applied evergreen 1:4 complete, it rain well and I now have a
several areas of back lawn, not all of the moss and weeds are gone.

What do I do next should I scarify the lawn or just rake up the dead
moss and re seed?

Dig or spot spray the weeds or remaining moss areas. Mow the lawn LONG. Maybe as
high as your mower can go.