Old 24-02-2003, 02:28 PM
Menk45

Default Goats ate tree's bark

I live in rural Missouri next to my mother and father in law. They
own 4 goats that escaped from their pen, yesterday, and made their way
into my yard. Not necessarily a big deal, except for the fact that
they ate almost all of the bark off of a ~7 ft tall Douglas Pear tree.

Is there any way to save the tree or should I just accept the fact
that it will die, dig it up, and plant a new tree?

Thanks!
Old 25-02-2003, 06:53 AM
CyberCafe

Menk45 wrote:

I live in rural Missouri next to my mother and father in law. They
own 4 goats that escaped from their pen, yesterday, and made their way
into my yard. Not necessarily a big deal, except for the fact that
they ate almost all of the bark off of a ~7 ft tall Douglas Pear tree.

Is there any way to save the tree or should I just accept the fact
that it will die, dig it up, and plant a new tree?

Here is a link that includes information on bridge grafting, which is the
technique you would need to save that tree.
http://eesc.orst.edu/agcomwebfile/ed...fs60/fs60.html

Barb
http://www.mid-wi.com/office

Thanks!

Snake bark maple - dead bark kay United Kingdom 8 24-05-2010 10:32 AM
Hire goats $1.50/day ... Oz sci.agriculture 0 20-07-2003 08:32 AM
Goats ate tree's bark Menk45 Lawns 2 05-05-2003 11:58 PM
Boer Goats Shlomit sci.agriculture 0 26-04-2003 01:31 PM
Boer Goats Shlomit sci.agriculture 0 10-04-2003 08:32 PM