Old 21-04-2010, 08:43 PM
Registered User

Default Laying turf advise!

Hello,
I have had experience in laying lots of turf in the past, but have been asked to quote a price to lay a garden of 55m x 11.5m.

I estimate that this requires 604 rolls of turf, but would like to know how long you think it would take to lay the turf, considering that the groundworks have previously been done. Working on the assumption that there will be 3 men laying the turf, how long do you think it would take?

Finally, how much do you think is a fair price to charge for the labour ONLY of this job?

Many thanks
Old 06-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2088Dan View Post
Hello,
I have had experience in laying lots of turf in the past, but have been asked to quote a price to lay a garden of 55m x 11.5m.

I estimate that this requires 604 rolls of turf, but would like to know how long you think it would take to lay the turf, considering that the groundworks have previously been done. Working on the assumption that there will be 3 men laying the turf, how long do you think it would take?

Finally, how much do you think is a fair price to charge for the labour ONLY of this job?

Many thanks

You will need 633 sq M rolls of turf

It will take 3 people around 10 hours to lay it properly, as long as the ground prep is completed.

A turf professional would charge around £1.00 per sq Meter to lay the turf but definately more if there are any groundworks at all.

Kind Regards
UK Turf Suppliers
Turf
Lawn Turf
Turf Suppliers

Laying Turf - Need to rotavate or just feed topsoil before laying pzboyz United Kingdom 1 03-06-2005 08:39 AM
Laying new top soil and turf Zeroaxe United Kingdom 0 17-07-2003 12:53 PM
Turf laying prep Pigling United Kingdom 7 13-06-2003 09:44 AM
Turf laying costs? dmc United Kingdom 1 09-04-2003 02:20 PM
Laying Turf Stephen Macintyre United Kingdom 2 17-11-2002 11:47 AM