GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   discharge valve (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/191695-discharge-valve.html)

rb 25-05-2010 06:35 AM

discharge valve

I want to put something on my sprinkler pump on top, going from output to
the control valves. If it ever pumps into a "shut off" valve, it could
damage the pump.

Does anyone know of something inexpensive that will serve as a discharge
valve? Idea being that it will discharge it to the ground until end of
cycle.

[email protected] 25-05-2010 02:40 PM

discharge valve

On May 25, 1:35*am, "rb" wrote:
I want to put something on my sprinkler pump on top, going from output to
the control valves. * If it ever pumps into a "shut off" valve, it could
damage the pump.

Does anyone know of something inexpensive that will serve as a discharge
valve? * Idea being that it will discharge it to the ground until end of
cycle.

What you want is a water pressure relief valve that will open if the
pressure goes higher than normal if the sprinkler valves don't open.
It needs to open a a higher pressure that will not occur if the system
is operating normally. Like this:

http://www.freshwatersystems.com/p-5...iliateid=10053