Old 19-07-2010, 09:22 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Grass Seed

One of my local stores was selling a "special" grass seed that was
bright green. Each piece of seed was supposedly wrapped in a mulch and
a fertilizer of some kind, and it was supposed to grow faster than
conventional grass seed. The store stopped carrying it, and now the
manager can't recall what the name of the product was. Does thing ring
a bell for anyone here?
Old 20-07-2010, 12:33 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Dave G wrote:

One of my local stores was selling a "special" grass seed that was
bright green. Each piece of seed was supposedly wrapped in a mulch and
a fertilizer of some kind, and it was supposed to grow faster than
conventional grass seed. The store stopped carrying it, and now the
manager can't recall what the name of the product was. Does thing ring
a bell for anyone here?

Pennington Select™ products contain Pennington Seed’s exclusive
Penkoted® seed coating technology.

http://www.penningtonseed.com/Produc...ory.aspx?id=32
Old 22-07-2010, 10:55 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Jul 19, 7:33*pm, Jim wrote:
Dave G wrote:

One of my local stores was selling a "special" grass seed that was
bright green. Each piece of seed was supposedly wrapped in a mulch and
a fertilizer of some kind, and it was supposed to grow faster than
conventional grass seed. The store stopped carrying it, and now the
manager can't recall what the name of the product was. Does thing ring
a bell for anyone here?

Pennington Select™ products contain Pennington Seed’s exclusive
Penkoted® seed coating technology.

http://www.penningtonseed.com/Produc...ory.aspx?id=32

Penkoted seed is green, but it's a protective fungicide, not
fertilizer and mulch. There are other products available, usually
targeted for lawn repair, that include seed, fertilizer and hydraulic
mulch. They are typically a blue/green so that when applied it
blends in better until the grass grows.

I'd try googling for "grass seed mulch fertilizer" or similar
Old 22-07-2010, 11:42 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

trader4 wrote:

Jim wrote:
Dave G wrote:

[...]

good point and something I missed in the OP's post. glad you pointed that out.
Old 22-07-2010, 11:45 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

http://www.penningtonseed.com/psc-seed_mulch_combo_35