Old 31-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Registered User

Default Old Soil, New Lawn

Hi all

I have joined this as my boy friend and I have a problem. The garden of our new house had not been touched in aprox 5 years, so we have set about it with back breaking work and are down to the soil now, but previously had brambles, nettles and grass shoulder deep in parts. Now looking at a way to get a new lawn down 9/10 weed killers need the weeds to work on the roots, but we don't want weeds, esp brambles, sprouting through our lawn.

In a nutshell we need a root only weed killer that will keep the soil fertile PLEASE HELP!!
Old 04-08-2010, 06:34 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

--
JMacA

Never heard of such a herbicide and can't imagine how it could
work. If it were me, I'd simply let any new growth from weeds
emerge for a couple weeks, then apply glyphosate. Since you seem to
be from the UK, you don't want to be trying to establish a new lawn
until Sept anyway. That leaves plenty of time to kill weeds the usual
way.

Old lawn - new lawn Tintac Lawns 1 29-05-2012 06:53 PM
Soil for new lawn – type of soil and supplier rasik Lawns 2 30-03-2012 06:10 PM
[IBC] For old, Old, OLD members ;-) Bill Neff Bonsai 3 18-05-2005 04:28 AM
[IBC] For old, Old, OLD members ;-) Jim Lewis Bonsai 1 17-05-2005 09:14 PM
Laying a Lawn: new over old? Hugh Chaloner United Kingdom 2 25-02-2003 07:54 PM