Old 23-08-2010, 09:31 AM
Registered User

Unhappy Homelite 454SP wont start

Hi, i bought a graded petrol mower about 3 years ago and it now wont start. I am a novicewhen it comes to these things so have tried obvious things like petrol, and spark plug but not sure what to do now. I have rang a couple of repair shops and they are saying 'engine service' and quoting around £80 inc parts, vat etc. I only paid £100 ish for it so doesnt seem worth it. Although a novice im happy to have a go, just need some advice...i dont have a manual at moment although i have emailed homelite.
Old 23-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthud01 View Post
Hi, i bought a graded petrol mower about 3 years ago and it now wont start. I am a novicewhen it comes to these things so have tried obvious things like petrol, and spark plug but not sure what to do now. I have rang a couple of repair shops and they are saying 'engine service' and quoting around £80 inc parts, vat etc. I only paid £100 ish for it so doesnt seem worth it. Although a novice im happy to have a go, just need some advice...i dont have a manual at moment although i have emailed homelite.
When I had a similar problem I called my local Seddon centre - they were really good about offering me help over the phone. Eventually I had to take it in to them in order for a new part to be found by they were really helpful. To find your nearest centre I think you can use their new website Honda Lawn Mowers, Honda Generators, Pressure Washers, Water Pumps, Engines, STIHL UK and that should give you relevant phone numbers. Hope this helps.

mower wont start Herb Eneva Lawns 1 03-10-2010 10:31 PM
petrol lawn mower wont start help! vin Lawns 5 14-06-2010 03:51 PM
Homelite SX 135 Tin Man Lawns 1 01-06-2003 03:20 PM
Homelite HB100 leaf blower won't run sjohnsen Lawns 2 06-12-2002 07:46 AM
Parts Supplier ?? Homelite / John Deere sjohnsen Lawns 0 02-12-2002 09:34 PM