GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cordless Weed Trimmer Problem? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/193432-cordless-weed-trimmer-problem.html)

Don Green 26-08-2010 11:08 PM

Cordless Weed Trimmer Problem?

I have a two year old, not heavily used, 18volt Sears Cordless Weed
Trimmer whose battery won't hold a charge for longer than 5 minutes.

Any thoughts on anything I could be doing wrong?

Thanks!

Frank 27-08-2010 12:32 AM

On 8/26/2010 6:08 PM, Don Green wrote:

I have a two year old, not heavily used, 18volt Sears Cordless Weed
Trimmer whose battery won't hold a charge for longer than 5 minutes.

Any thoughts on anything I could be doing wrong?

Thanks!

Probably bad battery. I ditched my (non Sears) when I found a new
battery cost as much as a new machine. Got a corded unit.

Eric L 30-08-2010 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Green (Post 898592)
I have a two year old, not heavily used, 18volt Sears Cordless Weed
Trimmer whose battery won't hold a charge for longer than 5 minutes.

Any thoughts on anything I could be doing wrong?

Thanks!

Hi Don

This is always the problem with cordless tools and I would suggest that the battery has no life left and needs to be replaced.